Standard Exige S/ NA needed for test in east mids

a standard na does 30-100 in 11.6

Thats a bit better than I imagined. Is that your car with the ECU reflash David, or one that is completely stock?

Evo he’s allready acelerating before he starts timing…that’s no way to judge performance…try it at a steady 30mph and then stab it, big difference, huge difference …school girls time their cars like that

No, I’ll give the cheerleader the benefit of the doubt this time. I can see why he’s done it that way. It would be difficult to get a true speed reading for the start of an performance run if the car wasn’t already accelerating. If you go by the speedo you are going to be miles (per hour)away from the true speed.

Impressive times you’ve posted though.

GPS…ecu…or data from whatever source he’s using, but if you really want to know what kind of power your puttin down it has to be from a steady speed and then stab it untill you hit your target speed…simple…no cheating [down hill]

yes thats my car so a little lighter.

I did it this way because its easy to copy time after time

and on the road you are moving any way.

its impossable to do tests your way and get the same results.

I want results to see how fast a car is between models so it does not matter how its done as long as you can do the same test with ease.

yes thats my car so a little lighter.

I did it this way because its easy to copy time after time

and on the road you are moving any way.

its impossable to do tests your way and get the same results.

I want results to see how fast a car is between models so it does not matter how its done as long as you can do the same test with ease.

Ahh, now I see, testing so that you can cheat… what a bone head test for performance you have there …Holding it at steady speed and then stomping on it…this is the only way to test preformance not some crap accelerate through your start speed…

the only bone head atm is you ffs whats your problem :slight_smile:

have you sold your car yet ?

the only bone head atm is you ffs whats your problem > :slight_smile:

have you sold your car yet ?

Nope, Do you think you can afford it…I’m off to fit a big bore, free flow exhaust to see if there are a few more ponies hiding in there…stay posted

Lol, the irony. Frank talking about bone head tests, while posting ECU timed performance numbers. Very amusing, indeed.

Lol, the irony. Frank talking about bone head tests, while posting ECU timed performance numbers. Very amusing, indeed.

Yo A/H, the Lotus ECU is the best data logger you can use, as all the needed info, gearing and rpm-speedo run through it’s data stream…Why is it the guys that don’t know shite are allways buttin in…
Do you have an overpriced/underpowered over hyped Bemani car with make believe dyno sheets ?

So N/A with the Lotus Sport ECU (190) does 11.6 and the SP-K (250) does 8.4. How much power do you guess it would take to get half way, 10.0. I’m assuming the answer is a bit less than the half way point (220), so do we think an S could do it in under 10.0?

A Bemani update…quick you may have just enough time to strap on your data loggers…From my favorite forum ET

09-21-2007, 01:02 PM #5
CalBears92
Swiss Tuned!

Posts: 285 from a reliability standpoint, the bemani runs w/ no known problems thus far. mine has been through 6.5 track days w/ no problems to the supercharger.

i have not seen a noticeable increase in temperature. i do think the water intercooler is doing a good job. on the other hand, and this is purely speculative and nothing is proven, the increased heat output could be causing some problems here and there. i, claiming no real expertise whatsoever in the matter, think having a better flowing muffler and eliminating the rear panel is a prudent move for cars that are frequently tracked. there is one instance where the internals of the stock muffler melted on the inside after track use.

now the bad news. the hp output is disappointing. on a hot summer day, 2 cars were dyno’ed – 200-204 at the wheel. at this point, we’re still waiting for don and nick to sort it out, w/ no progress to date.

A Bemani update…quick you may have just enough time to strap on your data loggers…From my favorite forum ET

09-21-2007, 01:02 PM #5
CalBears92
Swiss Tuned!

Posts: 285 from a reliability standpoint, the bemani runs w/ no known problems thus far. mine has been through 6.5 track days w/ no problems to the supercharger.

i have not seen a noticeable increase in temperature. i do think the water intercooler is doing a good job. on the other hand, and this is purely speculative and nothing is proven, the increased heat output could be causing some problems here and there. i, claiming no real expertise whatsoever in the matter, think having a better flowing muffler and eliminating the rear panel is a prudent move for cars that are frequently tracked. there is one instance where the internals of the stock muffler melted on the inside after track use.

now the bad news. the hp output is disappointing. on a hot summer day, 2 cars were dyno’ed – 200-204 at the wheel. at this point, we’re still waiting for don and nick to sort it out, w/ no progress to date.

What a shame that the Bemani kit does so poorly…
Oh I just finshed testing again…So with my little mods Before…282rwhp , 175 tq. at 8,500 rpm
After…
299rwhp , 185 tq. at 8,500 rpm
intake charge temps were 134*f after the chargecooler, could have made a bit more if there were a fan blowing on the air intake , Oh well

Not bad

That was a conservative dyno by 10rwhp and 10 ft lb…so I was told by the operator.

204 at the wheels isn’t too bad is it? That must equate to about 260-270 at the flywheel? You’ve got to remember that Bemani have to sell a product which complies with emmisions regs and is safe/durable in the long term.

Bemani do a stage 2 conversion which goes beyond 300BHP but this requires upgraded internals - no surprise. I bet the warranty goes out of the window too.

204 at the wheels isn’t too bad is it? That must equate to about 260-270 at the flywheel? You’ve got to remember that Bemani have to sell a product which complies with emmisions regs and is safe/durable in the long term.

Bemani do a stage 2 conversion which goes beyond 300BHP but this requires upgraded internals - no surprise. I bet the warranty goes out of the window too.

204 at the wheels is a joke for the money spent on the Bemani kit…204rwhp=230bph…The Lotus is 215rwhp…My car will pass emmisions with a cat on it…Now I’m just an enthusiest not in it for profit and I can still find a few more HP, so what the hell are these guys doing…? Boys and Girls don’t believe all the crap out there…

204 at the wheels is a joke for the money spent on the Bemani kit…204rwhp=230bph…The Lotus is 215rwhp…My car will pass emmisions with a cat on it…Now I’m just an enthusiest not in it for profit and I can still find a few more HP, so what the hell are these guys doing…? Boys and Girls don’t believe all the crap out there…

Wrong. 204wrhp doesn’t necessarely equate to 230bhp. I’ve seen enough dyno plots to know that this can be very rolling road dependant. Results between rolling roads can vary quite a bit. In a particular case i.e., a tuned Exige did 204rwhp and 267hp at the crank and I have various Exige-S plots with a similar difference between crank and wheel. How much did the Bemani do at the crank when they got 204rwhp, do you know?

If the car(s) in the US are indeed producing less power than the ones over here in Europe, perhaps they do still have some minor issues overthere. Doesn’t mean that the rest of the world isn’t getting what they paid for.

Wrong. 204wrhp doesn’t necessarely equate to 230bhp. I’ve seen enough dyno plots to know that this can be very rolling road dependant. Results between rolling roads can vary quite a bit. In a particular case i.e., a tuned Exige did 204rwhp and 267hp at the crank and I have various Exige-S plots with a similar difference between crank and wheel. How much did the Bemani do at the crank when they got 204rwhp, do you know?

If the car(s) in the US are indeed producing less power than the ones over here in Europe, perhaps they do still have some minor issues overthere. Doesn’t mean that the rest of the world isn’t getting what they paid for.

Holy crap you must sail down the river of denial and that’s not in Egypt…
I have tuned on the same dyno and know that Bemani tuned and retuned that car so give the dyno BS a rest…The reason they produce less over here is because the owners test before and after as any consumer should, this way you know what your getting for your money…

Holy crap you must sail down the river of denial and that’s not in Egypt…
I have tuned on the same dyno and know that Bemani tuned and retuned that car so give the dyno BS a rest…The reason they produce less over here is because the owners test before and after as any consumer should, this way you know what your getting for your money…

If you think so… As I said, 204rwhp isn’t all that bad if it’s equivilant to what some cars are doing overhere (while doing 267hp at the crank on that same dyno). On that very same dynos, standard Exige-S do around 160wrhp. If the difference between an Exige-S and a Bemani tuned one in the US on the same dyno isn’t there, it either means

1.) the Bemani tuned one has issues and isn’t producing what it should
2.) the Exige-S is delivering more power than the ones here
3.) the numbers of one or the other (or both) aren’t accurate

It’s really that simple and a waste of time debating without knowing what the car(s) in question produced at the crank. If there are really issues in the US with a Bemani tuned one, I’m really sorry to hear, but it really doesn’t concern the rest of the World as the cars are doing what they should everywhere else. There’s plenty of footage on YouTube for everyone to see for themselves.

Pitty, all that drama for nothing…

To return to the original pint of this thread - do you still need a NA Exige to do the accel tests? Mine’s standard and I live in Nottingham, so I’m willing to be a guinea pig, subject to availability etc…

no we realy need a standard S

no we realy need a standard S

MrD06, did you also do a simple in-gear acceleration test? I find them a whole lot easier to replicate on different cars, than a 30-100mph test that requires two very quick gear changes at the right moment for best results. Seeing that a gear-change can take up quite some time, it could make for quite different times (in the order of tenths of a second).

A 30-100 test in 4th gear i.e. would be easier to replicate.

pointelss when testing a NA V an S as you have to keep the NA on cam