Stage 2 extra baffle

I have been keen to try and get an extra baffle made which could fit in the stage two for those strict trackdays would any one else be interested?
And does anyone know anyone who might be able to make them up?
I was thinking along the lines of the one that was available for the blue flame Zaust.
Cheers Jamie

I’d definately be interested (stg 2 being fitted next week). I can’t help in the design etc, sorry. just giz a nod if you get anything sorted.

cheers Gav

yes, would also be interested as stage2 is proving louder than expected. still love it though!

yes, would also be interested as stage2 is proving louder than expected. still love it though!

What he said!

A little update
I have found someone who’s up to the task of fabricating the baffles. Will be taking the stage 2 off mine to get some measurements and doing the drawings hopefully this weekend.
Hope to have the first one, well as soon as the metal dude can build it!

Count me in please.

Apart from track work, would also come in handy for long Mway trips to counter the unpleasant resonance at cruising speeds.

Jamie I think this would be very popular with Exige / 111R owners as lots like the Stage 2 but dont get it because it’s too loud for the track.

It might be an idea to get it noise tested before any are produced to check on the levels.

I’m guessing it would have to come in at no more than 98db to get on at places like Bedford, Combe & Goodwood.

I hope to do this although could be tricky as Knockhill is the nearest track but they do not know the meaning of noise test, which is good when you have a stage 2

Jamie

You can hire noise testers from Bookatrack for about �15 for a few days. They just courier it down to you.

So the Lotus Stg2 is too noisy for most tracks and suffers from resonance at cruising speeds. WTF!? Has anyone complained to Lotus or is it just not worth it? They just leave the customer to sort it out? Is it a CLF (Magnex)part - anyone know for sure?

I like the zaust but don�t like the pitiful noise limits that the councils apply.
I imagine it will only get worse, bound to be some crappy EU law coming our way…

Rant over

And cheers Dave will do that.

Hi All
Don’t want to be too controversial here, but occasionally pick up on slight euro-sceptic bent on forum.
Would just like to say that I’ve only ever done 3 track days, all in Germany, and I’ve never seen a noise meter.
Attitude is one " pay your 15 euro’s for 15 mins and have a blast.
Haven’t seen any straight bananas recently either.
Seem’s like E.U is too often scape-goat for crappy homegrown U.K laws.

So the Lotus Stg2 is too noisy for most tracks and suffers from resonance at cruising speeds. WTF!?

Exactly! Obviously not heard your’s yet Freeflow, but the Blueflame (on Jaycee’s) sounds great & also meets the noise testing regs - today at Oulton for example

So the Lotus Stg2 is too noisy for most tracks and suffers from resonance at cruising speeds. WTF!?

Exactly! Obviously not heard your’s yet Freeflow, but the Blueflame (on Jaycee’s) sounds great & also meets the noise testing regs - today at Oulton for example

diesel engines need less silencing though

Yes, I have the prototype running around just now. No resonance and apparently could be noisier! I’m happy with that. Don’t see the point of inserts - why introduce back-pressure when you’ve just got rid of it? Especially on a track-day when you can really hoon it. If you design a silencer properly, it won’t resonate. If you make it with sufficient volume, it won’t be noisy!

diesel engines need less silencing though

PMSL

PS You should whisper that, cos “someone” is still very touchy about it