Stage 2 Exhaust?

Bought a Stage 2 from Lotus Dealer back in Sept. My zaust looks different from all other photo’s of stage 2’s on other people’s cars. Mine’s barely visible and points more or less straight down. All other’s seem to point straight out the back and are visible. Did I get sold a duff??

Sounds the same as mine. If you can access SELOC, I can post a picture of it. Not worked out how to post pictures here yet

Never been on SELOC, but sure can register. Let me know how to access photo once registered.

If you look at the gallery section I have just uploaded some pics to my profile, magicman. Hope that helps.

Cheers

AFAIK the stage 2 is flush with the diffuser and the stage 1 looks like a larger version of the normal exhaust.

Gav

AFAIK the stage 2 is flush with the diffuser and the stage 1 looks like a larger version of the normal exhaust.

Gav

Thats spot on: I’ve had both fitted to my car at some stage.

Mark

[image]SELOC | Lotus Enthusiasts Club

Stage 2 flush to the diffuser.

Mark, just out of interest, which one did you prefer? I’ve got the stage 2 and think it’s a bit much for long journeys, reminds me a bit of the sports exhaust I had on my old S1, ear defenders required

Thanks guys. Mine is the same as Magicman.Good to know I have the correct zaust.
Love the noise it makes!
P.S Magicman - Nice colour

Thanks. With the pipercross it sounds even better.

Mark, just out of interest, which one did you prefer? I’ve got the stage 2 and think it’s a bit much for long journeys, reminds me a bit of the sports exhaust I had on my old S1, ear defenders required

I don’t use the car day to day so the noise is not a problem, but it is very boomy and on reflection I’m sure there are better exhausts now on the market.

The car was delivered with a stage one fitted when it should have been a stage two. I had the stage two fitted at first service as the stage one sounded like a standard car. I’d previously had a K series Elise with a Lotus sports exhaust and it was far quieter than that.

Mark

Mark, Thanks for that I had a feeling the stage one would be a bit too quiet…

Thanks. With the pipercross it sounds even better.

And will get you black flagged at many circuits

Do you rate the pipercross? Have been reluctant to put one on. Heard that Lotus are supposed to be bringing their own Induction kit out? Are you aware of this?

they have been working on/saying that there is a stage 3 kit for over a year now.

I know they are testing stuff but no one knows if anything will be released.

Stage 2 was great with the pops and bangs etc but too much for me. I got rid of it and got a 7" zaust from 2bular! Suits me right down to the ground! Fine off cam and then goes nuts on cam. Havent bothered with induction due to learning ecu and mil problems!