Stage 2 exhaust - weld failures

This is clearly a design fault now. Had stage 2 fitted in August 2005… failed in Dec 2005. Repaired under warranty (welds re-done). Failed again March 2006 - this time whole unit replaced under warranty. Guess what - welds have failed again! Currently in discussions with Lotus to see if they’ll replace it again.

I gave up on the stage 2 - boomy and keeps braking _ I can recomend a 2bular they are really well made

Lotus have just called me to say they will replace the stage 2 again for free (despite technically being ‘out of warranty’).

That’s a result - although I don’t see why it would have been out of warranty if it was replaced by a new unit in March 2006.

I would have expected a new replacement part to carry a full warranty - it would have if you had bought it, so I don’t see why geting it for free should void this.

Simialr thing with my Audi. Stereo failed 1 month before end of warranty and new one failed 3 months after the warranty. Audi said it wasn’t covered as they won’t give a parts warranty on items replaced under the car warranty.
So basically if the part fitted 1 day before the end of the warranty fails 1 day after the warranty expires, then tough.

No amount of arguing would make them reconsider.

i think the fact i will be swapping for an exige S in dec swayed them. sad but true.

Similar thing with my Audi. Stereo failed 1 month before end of warranty and new one failed 3 months after the warranty.

Steve, you’re jinxed - everything you buy is faulty

Similar thing with my Audi. Stereo failed 1 month before end of warranty and new one failed 3 months after the warranty.

Steve, you’re jinxed - everything you buy is faulty

Yes, I feel a bit cursed at the moment