Squeeks n Rattles driving me CRAZY !

All booked Mr Pesky. See you there.

If you are booked to drive your own car make sure you have a helmet or have made arrangements to hire one on the day.

All booked Mr Pesky. See you there.

If you are booked to drive your own car make sure you have a helmet or have made arrangements to hire one on the day.

Can we hire them on the day ?

Im not familar with this trackday company - either check their website or ring them - it would be very unfortunate to turn up and not be allowed out on circuit for the lack of one (or two if you are taking a passenger out).

Most have them to hire dom, but it’s a good idea to check.

Ian

Okay will do. Big thanks.

Dom

Don’t worry, mate, Tracksport have a stock of helmets!

It’s not an orange Exige S2 is it by any chance Dom?

Nope 'tis a black one.

Hi Dom,
I also had mice in the roof, Those all knowing Guy’s @ Bell & Colevill (Horsley) knew all about it, and a set of ‘o’ rings fitted to the roof mounting bolts under warranty, made them squeak no more…
I hope this is of some help.
Andy.

Hi Brendan,
I too have an Exige S2 and have also noticed the rubbery plastic type squeak when braking / turning whilst slow manouvering. I have only heard it once or twice so have not yet been able to chase it down. Did you find the cause of your squeak?
Andy.

The mechanic at Nick Whale’s said it was the roof, but he said if he fixed it, it would come back anyway

My '05 S2 had started to rattle worse than my old S2 Elise ever did. After half a dozen track days I assumed I was slowly killing the car but when I pulled into a petrol station this guy told me my boot was open. When I had a look the boot latch had dismatled itself. A quick 5 minutes with the spanners and its quiet as a mouse. Admittedly a mouse with a loud exhaust.

I had same issue… could be TADTS

S2’s do have a known problem and they are mostly on the pax side! Got mine sorted at Strattons this week with warrenty seal replacement

Got mine indirectly from dealer (motorway sports now not a dealer) Strattons was just recommended

Hmmmm. May be you should have considered a 111R. Mines as quiet as a church mouse in slippers

Tim.

There is a Lotus bulletin and a parts kit to sort the roof rattles etc. I have seen the bulletin and my local guy has the order in for the bits (but in Oz it will take a few weeks to arrive). I will report back once fitted and let you know how it goes. Mine is being done under warranty (as I would expect) so hopefully it will be as quiet as a church mouse with a firecracker up its…