Sports cat

Help! I can’t decide whether to have my 2ubular sports cat put back on. Is there any issues with running a sports cat on the S, i.e. running lean?

I had it removed and standard put back on for warranty work to get the ecu updated to stop the mil light coming on, now I can’t decide whether I should have it on. The car certainly felt quicker with the sports cat on but the fuel seemed to run out quicker too suggesting there might be an issue there perhaps.

Well, I have a bemani sportscat on mine and getting something done about the MIL light coming on… Not sure how relevant this is to you seeing you have an Exige-S, but I certainly like mine with the sports cat…

Well, I have a bemani sportscat on mine and getting something done about the MIL light coming on… Not sure how relevant this is to you seeing you have an Exige-S, but I certainly like mine with the sports cat…

I had the sports cat on my Bemani and had MIL light coming on but only if I did not give it some! Basically if you do a lot of cold starts and short runs the cat never gets up to temp and gets covered in a film of soot etc. Found a good motorway run or a decent run will sort it.

Very much doubt a sports cat will make any diff to fuel use

Thanks, Jamie, wasn’t aware of that. I had the MIL light reseted for the 3rd time now. Does it go away after long drives? If so, I haven’t had such luck yet - did a long tour in the Black-Forrest on Sunday - MIL light is still on and a big annoyance.

It’s going to be sorted tomorrow morning though. MIL light because of sports cat = R.I.P.

hehe

Best to ask Jason as he has the car now but I had no issues (3-4000miles) until I used it less over the winter and had the codes pulled by the stealer and they came to the same conclusion that the cat has have low tolerances anyway and soon as they get all clogged that�s it. Normally getting them up to a decent temp will sort them. Don�t forget that they will run MIL if they are not running efficiently at full temp.

This is why I wanted my ecu updated, I read somewhere it would then be less susceptible to emissions with the sports cat fitted. Is anyone running a sports cat with the updated ecu?

Thought I’d give this topic a bump!

MIL light coming on is finally solved. To my surprise, I found out that I have a 100-cell race cat in mine. In related news - the exhaust is sounding better and more agressive from day to day. Lovely pops and bangs