Sport Pack 2006, useful or not ?

Harness bar : useful
Sport seats : nice but do they maintain better than standard seats ?
Twin oil cooler : single is not enough ?

this is an expensive option (1650 euros in France or 1100 GBP), so in your opinion how sport pack could justify this ?

Thank you

Mark on here fitted a 2nd oil cooler think the parts were �250
I love my 4 point harnesses for track work though

Depends what you are using the car for. The sports seats are great but the standard are a better everyday seat.
If you are planning track days then I think it would be useful, but if not save your money.

Depends what you are using the car for. The sports seats are great but the standard are a better everyday seat.
If you are planning track days then I think it would be useful, but if not save your money.

yes I’m planning 5 or 6 track days / year.
It won’t be an “everyday car”, I’m going to use it only saturday/sunday.
Anyway, I can get harnesses with standard seats, so why sport seats are better (except the great look )?
Are standard more comfortable or this is the same with sport seats ?

Thank you

what kind of problem with single oil cooler ?
Thank you

please, do someone have good pics of the 2006 standard seats, just to be sure of the model ?

thank you

Sports seats will grip you more and hold you in place when you are hard cornering…standards seats are a bit more comfortable as an every day seat. But if you are planning it as a 2nd car and track days then the sports seats will be the ones to go for.

this is an expensive option (1650 euros in France or 1100 GBP), so in your opinion how sport pack could justify this ?

Thank you

Because of the way the harnesses mount, it is recomended to use seats with slots to help keep the belts in the correct place. They are wrapped around the cross bar not bolted, therefoore their position left and right is not controlled.

You also get traction control which may or may not be interesting to you. I want it, i was on the motorway in an s1 exige in a downpour, the rear was aquaplanning so bad we were having to go slower than the lorries, it was so dangerous we had to stop in a layby and wait for the rain to stop. In that moment a bit of electronic help would have been appreciated.

give me cup holders any day!

what kind of problem with single oil cooler ?
Thank you

Yup, fitted a second cooler to mine. Fairly straightforward job, but quite time consuming as the front clam has to come off. No real problem with just the single cooler, and to be honest I suspect the second cooler might be overkill, but Lotus do recommend twin coolers for hard track use, especially in warm climates (like Scotland ). For peace of mind it seemed like a good idea, and I enjoyed doing the job.

Mark

Thank you

Its got to be a better option than the Touring Pack (lights the blue touch paper!) and im sure will give you a better resale value if you ever come to sell it!

Yes, Touring pack was NOT an option anyway (too bad for cup holder )…

Thank you Mark for your answer about twin coolers … well, I live in the south of France so could be useful … but my dealer told me he never has any problems with single one …

i have both sports and touring pack on my o6 exige…traction control is great…find the seats are really comfortable…harnesses are a pain in the butt if you keep getting in and out of the car but i wouldnt be without them…Did my first track day and loved it!