Spark Plug Cover

Have any of you guys done anything about the spark plug cover with ‘ELISE’ emblazoned across it ? I saw the PTP advert in Evo this month, which had a picture of a K-Series with ‘Motorsport 190’ across the top. Much more like it.I’ve emailed PTP to see where I can get this cover from (no reply so far). Any suggestions ?

I’ve seen that Elise Shop (www.elise-shop.de) in Germany sell an “Exige” cam cover. Which looks tasty. http://www.lotus-thielert-e.shoppingserver.de/shop.mv?Choice=ArtikelAnzeigen&SuchKategorie=16.&KategorieName=Lotus%20Exige&Kategorie As well as a nice black filler cap.I’ve ordered them both (this morning) and they should be here within 2 weeks.

Got a reply back from PTP. The ‘red Motorsport 190 insert’ as they call it is unique to PTP, and costs �28 + vat. (part no. AN1941RED). I’m going to order one tomorrow.If anyone else is interested, call Simon Watts at PTP on 01455 622229.

David - how much was yours in English money?

quote:Originally posted by Admin5:I’ve seen that Elise Shop (www.elise-shop.de) in Germany sell an “Exige” cam cover. Which looks tasty. http://www.lotus-thielert-e.shoppingserver .de/shop.mv?Choice=ArtikelAnzeigen&SuchKategorie=16.&KategorieName=Lotus%20Exige&Kategorie As well as a nice black filler cap.I’ve ordered them both (this morning) and they should be here within 2 weeks.david, I think the filler cap is a original lotus item taken out from there catalogue.let me know when you got the cam cover wheter it is worth it… even if I know by now that you have got a bit of a extraordinary taste… he-he… erm… what was this all about the carbon air box…???

quote:Originally posted by AGYNJO:Got a reply back from PTP. The ‘red Motorsport 190 insert’ as they call it is unique to PTP, and costs �28 + vat. (part no. AN1941RED). I’m going to order one tomorrow.If anyone else is interested, call Simon Watts at PTP on 01455 622229.cheers agynjo, nice one…yeah, it doesn’t look bad. that one or the thielert one… hm… decisiones,decisiones…what do you think of there 220 bhp engine version… any chance for a test drive???

quote:Originally posted by stevegreen:David - how much was yours in English money?hey steve…you are in the poxy EU… he-he… I’m glad that we are not…so, you should know…always these islanders…I would say it’s about 54 quid…

I got my Spark Plug cover from PTP. Unfortunately, the whole thing was sprayed red, including the lettering.Not to be outdone, I armed myself with a sanding block and some wet & dry, and gently rubbed it down until the letters and edges were down to the bare aluminium. When I cleaned it up again, it looked just like the PTP cover in Evo, and I was very impressed !Unfortunately, when I went to fit the cover onto the car (along with my new red KV85 Magnecour leads), I discovered the holes are slightly offset, meaning the cover only goes on upside down !! Bugger.

shame that you rubbed it down before trying it on. I would still try to give it back. So, in that case I have to go for the Thielert one… David, have you already rubbed your’s down???

quote:Originally posted by Bruno:shame that you rubbed it down before trying it on. I would still try to give it back. So, in that case I have to go for the Thielert one… David, have you already rubbed your’s down???No, mine from Theilert hasn’t arrived yet, should be here any day now.The picture on their site looks good, so hopefully no modifications will be needed.

I’m not bothered about sending it back - yeah the writing is upside down, but it looks better than the standard item. Plus, have you ever seen the ‘Sport 135’ cover on the Elise 135 - exactly the same - upside down.I think it’s done deliberately so you can read it from inside the car !

quote:Originally posted by Admin5: No, mine from Theilert hasn’t arrived yet, should be here any day now.The picture on their site looks good, so hopefully no modifications will be needed.david, have you received yours?spoke to thielert today to order one. unfortunately, they are out of stock (2 weeks delivery time)and guess where they are coming from? from lotus ! it’s a original lotus item. so, me dealer is ordering one directly from lotus.

quote:Originally posted by AGYNJO:have you ever seen the ‘Sport 135’ cover on the Elise 135 - exactly the same - upside down.I’m sure my 135 cover goes on either way up. I’ll have a look tonight if it’s not raining. The Red Magnecor leads do look the biz don’t they?

My cam cover + oil filler still haven’t arrived (after a month of waiting - it was supposed to be 7-10 days)I called Elise-Shop who said that they’re still waiting on Lotus to deliver the items to them… and I’ll have to wait another 2-3 weeks. GRRMy recommendation, never use Elise-Shop. Go direct to Lotus.Caveat Emptor.