Spa with BaT

Just had a personal invite £995 for 2 days in July :crazy:
Only a couple of years ago it was £600 :frowning:
Not sure I can justify doing many more track days at these prices :frowning:

That’s how much it was last year Ade. I try not to add it up…its the best way.

didn’t we pay a grand for like 4 days, 2 of which at Spa?

Also I see BaT are at Spa over the easter weekend, what do that mean for the usual good friday event?

Yes we had a bundle with BAT for Spa+Anglesey+Donny-Noisy but not many things of us went for it.

I’m in the midst of sorting out the 2016 event and potentially a 2016 bundle,…should have some details soon…

Yes I think your deal was £1k for all 3, I was just surprised how much it had gone up, I love Spa but I’m not convinced that much :frowning:

It’s the Anglesey w/e anyway though, right?

I was shocked when I saw the price too, but then the memories of this years trip came back and I thought “Hell yea!” :smiley: :smiley:

Yes last year the early-bird price was £850 and went up to £995.

From memory the 2015 event was sold out pretty much 6months prior so if I were Jonny I’d probably not be super-keen on having any discounts at all for the 2016 event…

I’m going to the 2016 event for sure…

Was it ever £600, close to £800 I reckon Ade

Might have been 695, was just amazed at £1k for 2 days, awesome days I must admit, but the cost is eye watering

Unfortunately, the circuit are fully aware of just how desirable the place is to rent and there’s a long line of people queing up to rent the place. It has doubled in price in the last few years and quadrupled in price since we first went in 2002. It’s by no means a given that BaT will get days and every year around this time we go through the stress of waiting to hear from them.

Don’t get me wrong - it’s clearly a very good trip for us but as with any business, if you have a product where demand exceeds supply by a factor of 2, what would you do?

Jonny
BaT

Jonny thanks for the response, it is exactly what I expected to see, market forces drive the cost back to the end consumer. In the case of a TV it lowers the price, here popularity drive the cost up as the seller has a captive market wanting their services.
I still would not want to “save” money and go with someone else, it was just a surprise to see the price.
Hope maybe there can be a deal again this year to book a few days together :wink:

Yes Ade, watch this space.

The builders asked the Mrs where I was, “he’s spending a weekend at Spa with his mates”

Cucumber slices on eyes jokes galore once I was back

Have a look at LOT they currently £199/day for Spa.

Would my wheezy 190 VHPD be a moving chicane on a track like Spa? Not been on track for 7 years (out the country). Now back I am looking at options for next year and Spa is top of the list. I have plenty of track experience, my worry is that cars are far quicker now than 7 years ago…

nah it’d be great fun

For you? Extra corner :wink:

You would be fine, just stay on the right on the kemmel straight and the back straight (can’t remember the name)

Spa is the business. Either way would be good to meet up with you. Check as well for the Easter Exiges.com track day at Anglesea :slight_smile: