Spa Honda failiure

Thats a bit low

Ive had 4, Andrew Kell has had 2, Walshys had a few (dont know how many but hes supposed to be in front of me) Simon Scuffham has had 1 and i think Randys had 1.
Russ has gone through 42 driveshafts
I think only one k -series has blown though

Why are these engines failing? How many this year?(in LOT) is it a common problem with this engine,or in general when used for racing?

Sorry, unable to answer either of those questions, except that the Hondas which have gone pop were of the highly tuned variety ie >280bhp.

My own (n/a) has done 30K miles (incl about 30 trackdays), & Neil McKean’s n/a racer (which he drove from home in Edinburgh to/from the LOT races incl Spa) has covered a lot of hard miles too, without issues for either of us. Randy’s engine (circa 320bhp) successfully did the Britcar 24 hour race, as well as LOT races this year.

Perhaps someone has kept a record of the number of “blown” engines for the LOT series? Steve Williams’s Duratec, & the various Ks have stood up remarkably well in the reliability stakes this year, so credit where credit’s due.

My own (n/a) has done 30K miles (incl about 30 trackdays), & Neil McKean’s n/a racer (which he drove from home in Edinburgh to/from the LOT races incl Spa) has covered a lot of hard miles too, without issues for either of us. Perhaps someone has kept a record of the number of “blown” engines for the LOT series? Steve Williams’s Duratec, & the various Ks have stood up remarkably well in the reliability stakes this year, so credit where credit’s due.

That’ll be the kiss of death for my engine then

Yep, my conversion has done 40K now, the car has done 100K. I have driven too and from every event (and work). Engine is totally standard, 223bhp, and has been faultless all year. saying that, its [censored] slow.

Randy has just produced this LOT season combined summary for his, & Christian’s cars, which his company, Hoffmans, prepare & maintain. No engine failures, although Randy did a precautionary swap of his original (using oil), for another during the season:

[color:“blue”]Number of races - 32
Number of race finishes - 29 (1X spin into gravel Watkins, 1X accident Randall/Walsh, 1X Mech failure Randall/CV joint)
Number of drivers - 6
Number of race miles - 2739.078454
Number of wins - 15
Number of podiums - 22
Number of pole positions - 9
Number of fastest laps - 15 [/color]

Randy has just produced this LOT season combined summary for his, & Christian’s cars, which his company, Hoffmans, prepare & maintain. No engine failures, although Randy did a precautionary swap of his original (using oil), for another during the season:

[color:“blue”]Number of races - 32
Number of race finishes - 29 (1X spin into gravel Watkins, 1X accident Randall/Walsh, 1X Mech failure Randall/CV joint)
Number of drivers - 6
Number of race miles - 2739.078454
Number of wins - 15
Number of podiums - 22
Number of pole positions - 9
Number of fastest laps - 15 [/color]

Are these SC engines ?

Randy’s is SC, Christians is an NA Honda car

Thank you.