South London & Surrey Sunday Pub Lunch

Ben,

Sounds good. I’ll definitely be there with my wife so 2 places for lunch for us. What time do people suggest we meet up ?

Con.

Guys - I hope to be there - I have just put down a deposit on a Lazer Blue S1 after having an Elise for 2 years - Hope to pick it up on Sat the 24th so that should work out well. Will keep you posted!!! Anyone else live near Kingston Upon Thames?

OK, looks like we have:

~ a venue Wheatheaf Hotel
~ a date (Sunday 25th April)
~ and a time (lunchtime) .

Rather than try and predict the number of attendees and book a table (which I think will be impossible), maybe it is best that we hope for a nice day, turn up, have a beer and a bit of barfood…

BTW - welcome Godspeed,…I guarantee that you will be wearing the biggest smile on the day…I am not far away in Barnes…

All
I stopped in the pub and asked if I could book a table, but they run a first come first served basis , I explained we would be improving the ambiance of the car park but this had little effect

Should have let Elaine ask.

Whats lunch time like on average (packed or empty) any one been on a Sunday? I’m going to aim to get there for 12.30 that way if its a nice day we should get a table.

See ya al there

For those of you who were there last year this should look familiar … Eleven Exiges … and I still think this one would make a great poster Rear Ends. I’ll be in Cornwall that weekend … but the M3 is the preferred route back to the London, so with any luck see you all at this years get together.

Has anyone whos coming got one of those natty Edwards Duffusers fitted to their cars ?

Yup! And very natty it is too.

Haven’t plumped for the front splitter yet though.

Ian

We are going and we have rear diffuser and front splitter fitted, no half measures with us Ian

Simon and Elaine

Well at least I get the full extra downforce at track speeds from mine! [He says trying to tempt Simon onto the track! ]

Ian

Simon, Elaine and Ian,

Thanks for the reply ref the Diffuser.

Looking forward to seeing the items fitted to your cars, but can you please do me a favour ?

Can you practice the following phrase.

“Yes the diffuser looks good considering it was only �15 and it took less than half an hour to fit”

As the wife will be with me I need to persuade her that this won’t be more mindless expense and it wont take me ages to fit.
Also if I buy something for the car I will probably have to buy something for her of equal value. �15 should get her a CD (double CD - I’m not cheap) and this should keep her sweet.

Con

Con by name, & Con by nature

Looks like the drinks are on Con then Simon!

It really shouldn’t take you more than 30 mins to fit, especially if you can get under it easily.

It also (here comes the winning arguement) makes the car safer by adding more downforce in fast bends. It may just save your life in the Craner Curves! It probably reduces drag as well (not sure if that’s exactly true but she may buy it) which would improve economy actually SAVING money in the long run. [There, did that help?]

Ian

Pesky - with a name like mine I’m well suited to working in the motor industry don’t you think ?

Ian - like your style - safety and economy - she might just buy that

Hi ConMcl,

The diffuser and Splitter are not too difficult to fit and good value at whatever price you tell the “bank manager”. As for the fitting if you fancy a ride out to the East Midlands (near Donington Park) then we can fit them for you. If you want some more info and pictures then drop me an E-Mail, By the way the Diffusers and splitters are made to order so please allow 3-4 weeks from order date for us to get them made.

Cheers Steve Edwards

Con

How are you?

If you drop me an email (so that i can reply to it) I will send you a digital piccy of the rear end of my car with diffuser fitted (also black as you know)

Can’t make the pub lunch unfortunately. Probably see you on the next model launch abroad sometime! (we only seem to meet on these occassions)

With regards to the diffuser / wife situation - just fit it while she is out! My wife has never noticed to this day!

Giles

As a regular user of the Edwards front and rear products I can def recommend them…

Giles that wasn’t your Norfolk Exige in Bramalls last Sat was it??

Steve,

Thanks for the info on the diffuser. Where abouts are you guys as my in-laws live in Melbourne (which as you will probably know is the village right next to Donnington). I’ve e-mailed you direct for some pictures and prices.

Giles - Good to hear from you. I’ve also sent you an e-mail direct.

Con

Con

Steve & Martin don’t “log on” everyday, so on their behalf they live in Loughborough.

Melbourne eh - do they do bed & breakfast for petrolheads driving at Donington?