Soon to be a 2 car owner

So over the last 9 months and the year before that with my Elise I braved rain sleet and snow. Enjoyed almost every minute of it except for the bump parkers
In my Elise a doctor hit the front of my car so hard he caused �1800 of damages. Thankfully he left a note and his insurance sorted it.
In the Exige I already have scuffmarks

So I have put a deposit down on a car to use everyday. Can you guess what it is? Heres the clues its rear wheel drive and rear engined…

This one?

[image]AOL.co.uk | Breaking News, Sport, Features and Video - AOL.com

So over the last 9 months and the year before that with my Elise I braved rain sleet and snow. Enjoyed almost every minute of it except for the bump parkers
In my Elise a doctor hit the front of my car so hard he caused �1800 of damages. Thankfully he left a note and his insurance sorted it.
In the Exige I already have scuffmarks

So I have put a deposit down on a car to use everyday. Can you guess what it is? Heres the clues its rear wheel drive and rear engined…

FIAT X1/9???

[image]http://www.ianhardy.net/albums/bvvr001/crw_3515l_std_std.jpg[/image]

[image]http://vea.qc.ca/vea/v/fiat500.jpg[/image]

996?

You really mean rear engined as opposed to ‘mid’ engined?

Its rear engined and has a turbo
any more?

Its rear engined and has a turbo
any more?

BRABUS Smart.

[image]> http://vea.qc.ca/vea/v/fiat500.jpg> [/image]

I want this one!!!

[image]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/jamieall/ZGD1.jpg[/image]

Surprisingly quick off the lights. Got a great deal to, the local Merc dealer was selling an older car with more mileage for 2K more and it�s a pre face-lift model! Have to go to York to collect it though What is it with Edinburgh car dealers they think they can charge more than the rest of the country There must be a load of gullible customers cos MMC seems to do the same thing

Recon I can practice my left foot braking in it

Congratulations on the new motor.
We have a couple of them at work and they are a real handful on the cobbles. Especially in the wet/snow!
Apart from that they are great little cars and it is possible to get three people in them. Not sure how legal it was!! But as you say nippy of the line, but watch the turbo lag. Nearly got my self T-boned at the west end.

Just need to find some where to tuck the Exige up untill the weekends.
Think I will have to be extra nice to the other half’s parents.

Hi Jamie,
I have a Smart as my everyday car and am really pleased with it. In automatic mode the gear changes are slow but I keep mine in manual which enables you to change gear much faster. Also, you can get the ECU upgraded for �260 by www.smarttune.co.uk which de-restricts top speed, increases power output and also speeds up the gear change. You will be amazed at the tiny parking spaces you can squeeze into! Also it is really nippy and handles like a go cart. It is amazing how much space there is inside to. A great little car which I am unable to pick fault with. Have fun!

Regards,

David.

Excellent - welcome to the club. We have had ours a few years now and its an excellent motor - another one that puts a smile on your face every time you get in it. There is an art to timing the gearchanges but once you get the knack its great.

Hope you have a/c, as with the glass roog it really does get warm in the summer!

I found it quite fun driving around the boxs short comings.

I have or will have when I collect it a swanky Passion with all the creature comforts

Think this might be an overkill unless you are attempting the Elk test

[image]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/jamieall/rallysmart4.jpg[/image]

In the last 7 days, I’ve swapped our 2 “everyday cars” (Taris T Sport & Ford Ka) for two of these little monsters (1 x 3 door & 1 x 5door)

CLICKY

My Yaris had done 53000 miles since March 04 - mainly motorway commuting, chugging along between 60mph & 85mph, depending on traffic/weather.

So from now on, 61mpg from a 3 cylinder 1 litre petrol engine, �75 a year road tax, group 1 insurance, & a 3 year warranty = cheapo motoring plus mega appreciation of driving the Exige

PS Yep, also went for the aircon option for both cars, plus in mine I’ve splashed out on the option rev counter

PPS Does anyone think they’d look good with stripes?

PPPS No, I bloody well didn’t buy any frigging parking sensors

Is that the one that has the motorised sliding door?

that’s alot of mileage, excellent choice, amazing mpg - more than the Smart . Only just renewed the Smart roadtax and got the same pleasant surprise at how cheap it is

My fiancee (well, wife now) and I visited Dublin, Amsterdam and Paris last summer and fell in love with the little Smart cars. I would so drive one if they were available in the States, but few ‘normal’ Americans would ever drive one.

Jamie

Nope that’s the “1007”, we’ve only got humble little "107"s.

Might be brave, & post up a photo tomorrow - whilst the Russmeister’s AM V8 is also on my drive - I’ve borrowed it for 24hours whilst he’s on holiday, to keep it “aired”