Some pictures from the Klausenpass / Switzerland

Thought I’d share some of the photos from our last drive in the Swiss alps. The Klausenpass is south of Luzern and is one of the nicer ‘pass’ roads, featuring a very nice cliff, many hairpin bends and exquisite view!

[image]http://www.mc-chur.ch/Fotos/Allgemein/Klausenpass.jpg[/image]

Enjoy:

[image]conceptics.com — Software-Engineer, Photographer and Entrepreneur

Stunning - thanks for posting

Looks a bit cold to me.

Thanks! Temperatures weren’t bad - first day (first batch of pictures with the wet road) were around 18�C on that day, other day with the Esprit and S7 it was around 25�C up there. Not that bad for an altitude of around 1500m (peak is at 1948m) above sea…

Looks a bit cold to me.

Hey Dave,

Always ment to ask, which part of Sydney are you from? I’m Aussie as well - and have relatives in Sydney (Vaucluse and Kings-Cross). Miss the place!

Great pics

Oh, that’s a nice day out!

Post deleted by sjw

nice pics, the unprotected cliff on the western side is a bit scary… but I thought the “proper” way (read: historic race) is to drive from east to west and not vice versa.

Think I was at that very same vantage point (third picture down) a couple of weeks before you in June:

[image]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/sjw11/Bike/CIMG0061.jpg[/image]

Looks a bit cold to me.

Hey Dave,

Always ment to ask, which part of Sydney are you from? I’m Aussie as well - and have relatives in Sydney (Vaucluse and Kings-Cross). Miss the place!

Born in “The Shire” and lived there all my life. Just moved from Lilli Pilli to Bowral in the southern highlands. Bit cold here.

Great pics. Great place. Been to Gstaad two years running in summer. Wish I was there now.Never took the Lotus though, but it might be a plan for next year . . .

Think I was at that very same vantage point (third picture down) a couple of weeks before you in June:

Very nice sjw! Looks to be it! How often do you travel to Switzerland or the Blackforest?

The roads and scenery in Switzerland are brilliant, no doubt - just be careful for scameras and police. Sadly, there are far too many around in those places and fines aren’t exactly cheap overhere.

Come to Hockemheim,you can go as fast as you like!!!

Aug 22, small course. It misses out the long straight so we have a chance against the GT3 boys…

Come to Hockemheim,you can go as fast as you like!!!

Aug 22, small course. It misses out the long straight so we have a chance against the GT3 boys…

Sounds good Ian… would love to, though how much is it? Hockenheim unfortunately, sadly, isn’t all that close either, but will think about it and let you know! Is it an open day?

At that date, I was actually also concidering a sports driving training course in hockenheim. There’s a post in the german elise-community forum - if you’re registered:

http://www.elise-community.com/view.asp?catID=1&forumID=2&topicID=23981&fpage=1

we tend to organize a few hours tacked onto the end of other trackdays.

In this case we are on the track from 5 till 8. The whole day training sounds good, i need a user name for that site.

Ian,

Here the relevant posts so that you don’t have to register (in German):

Hallo zusammen,
ich habe gerade eben mit dem ADAC in Hockenheim telefoniert um einen Termin f�r ein Sportwagentraining zu buchen. Alle laufenden Terminne sind ausgebucht, aber wir haben die M�glichkeit einen eigenen Trainingstermin zum Sonderpreis zu bekommen. Der ADAC hat im Moment eine sogenannte 2f�r1 Aktion. Je zwei Anmeldungen wird also nur der Preis f�r ein Training f�llig.

Vielleicht schaffen wir es ja das Training mit Lotusfahrern zu bestreiten? Das w�re bestimmt super interessant.

Der Termin w�re der 28.8 ab 9:00. Die Kosten f�r zwei Teilnehmer 205 �.

Hi Gilles,
nach meinem Verst�ndniss w�rde es so laufen, dass wir zusammen mit dem Trainer einzelne Kurven durchgehen. Also kein freies Fahren oder Rennen. Die offiziellen Lerninhalte laut Website sind:

• Grundlagen Fahrwerk/ Antriebskonzepte/ Lenkung
  • Grenzen der Fahrdynamik
  • Warm up mit den Sportwagen
  • Lenktechnik bei h�heren Geschwindigkeiten (Slalom, Kurven)
  • Bremsen auf unterschiedlichen Bel�gen und Geschwindigkeiten
  • Lenktechnik bei instabilem Fahrzeug
  • Spurwechsel griffig mit h�heren Geschwindigkeiten
  • Abfangen des ausbrechenden Fahrzeugs aus h�heren Geschwindigkeiten
  • Spurwechsel im Gef�lle mit einseitiger Gl�tte
  • Handlingparcours mit fahrdynamischen Elementen

Vielleicht bringt das auch den Fahrern noch etwas, die Ihr Fahrzeug schon gut beherschen.

Stimmt, leider nicht. Ich habe gerade eben noch einmal Feedback von ADAC bekommen. Das Ganze findet im Fahrsicherheitszentrum statt.
Wenn aber Interesse an Rennstrecke besteht, kann der ADAC auch das organisieren. Allerdings wirds deutlich teuerer. Ca 450 Euro p.P.

Anbei noch der Link zum Sportwagentraining:

http://fsz-hockenheimring.de/html/pkw_trainings.php?id=10

Cheers Phil

stunning pictures!

Thanks Phil,

Seems like its a bit more cones and skidpad than flying laps.

Thanks though, we should arrange a meet though as we keep threatening to do…