Some good news

Since our Burglary I have been dealing with 3 insurance companies, two car and one house.

On insurance company actually had both our house cover and car, I would suggest they are not considered premium brand, Sheilas Wheels.
Hats off to these guys, within a week new car on order and paid our contents claim. In our favour was the fact the car was 5 days old, so they just ordered a new car for us from our supplying dealer. Our house claim, obviously we were totally honest with our claim, but we do have several high value items (~£25k) on our policy none of which were stolen. I think the fact they were not on the theft list really helped our claim, even though we noticed I had unusually that evening left one of my watches on the fire surround and they must have walked straight past it!

As for the other insurance policy, Audi Insurance (Read Allianz) there standard expected time to deal with a theft claim is 2 months! A lot of problems later, they have sped up the process, we did well from the payout as the car was 13 months old we were not entitled to a new car directly, but we did get over 90% of our original purchase price back, so we have ordered a new one anyway, shame we won’t get it till March 2015 :frowning:

This clearly shows you do not get what you think you will get by paying more, and complain to anyone that will listen can make them work harder to sort your claim faster :wink:

Pleased to hear your results.
Always pays to be straight with insurance cos because in the end they hold the final decision.
Every insurance Co has a “Claims Limitation” dept who’s sole object is not to pay!! and the bigger the Co the more active they are.
Well done Sheilas Wheels though.

Audi Delivery …you’ll be lucky I have now been waiting 5 months for an S1 and they now forcast January!!!

Been there before with Audi delivery times, my original A3 was supposed to take 4 months, it eventually took 7!

Not having to deal with them any longer than necessary is a bonus too! Can get on with your life now.

Great to hear the insurance went ok Ade

Christine hit a deer a few months ago and Sheila’s Wheels were great processing the claim.

I did not know they insured deers… when does the new fawn arrive? :smiley:

My ex used to be insured with them… and they even offer free ‘handbag’ cover for the girls! :smiley:

(Sean take note!! :wink: lol)