Sod it

I have been furloughed from next week for a month. :frowning:

BBC weather say the forecast is good for the next couple of weeks, fuel is “cheap”,
So I’m going to get an MOT, some road tax and after the DIY jobs have been finished at home, use the car for the first time since September.
Can’t wait!! :thumbup:

Wish I could be furloughed to enjoy the nice weather…

Enjoy! I’m seeing a lot more ‘driving for fun’ going on round here now, bikes, same-marque car groups etc. It’s great to see so here’s to a month or so of great weather!

Typical, majority of the jobs done at home and the weather turns wet and windy.
Fingers crossed for an MOT next week then some hooning :thumbup: :sunglasses:

MOT completed yesterday with a pass.

Went to get fuel afterwards and there was five police cars in the petrol station parking bays. When returning to get in the car after paying, one officer came over and commented that my front number plate was a little smaller than required for road use.
My reply as I stated the car… “Just had it MOT’d, best have a word with the MOT station”.
Left him speachless***

*** I do not condone this practice for yourself :wink:

Had similar

Got stopped in my S2, registration plate read EX51GE F he told me it was incorrect, I exclaimed my surprise to this, I then pointed out the dealer information on the plate, and suggested they surely could not have got this wrong?
He then pointed to his car looked at mine, checked all the details of the dealer on the plate. Looked very confused, I then suggested I’d take it back to the dealer to check the spacing was correct, he agreed this was the best idea.
Obviously I didn’t go and it was really lucky he never went to the front to check, as the plate was very small indeed! He would I’m sure have written out my fine there and then…

Characters are supposed to be 79mm tall and 11mm top/bottom border, so min. legal height of plate is 79+11+11=101mm.

Gov. leaflet INF104 for full. info.