Snapped Bracket

A garage currently has my 2006 Exige S to change the slave cylinder (difficultto select reverse when hot). But they’ve found a bracket that fits under the slave cylinder that goes up and attatches to the engine - but it is snapped at the slave cylinder end. It’s aprox 15cms long. We can’t really see what it does?!? Or whether it is an OEM part or after market. Of course it’s possible that this broken bracket is my problem with selecting reverse when hot.
Has anyone changed the slave and found this bracket i guess is my question - and what is it called?
Thanks, sorry the the poor description!

I belive you are talking about part 15

Its a supercharger support, if its snapped, shouldn’t be too hard to get it welded back togetther if you dont want to buy a new one.

Thank you - absolute star! I’ll see if i can get a new one - any recommendations where from?

You can get them from the place i linked. Bell & Colvill but its not cheap for what is it of course.

Thanks, much appreciated. As you say not cheap so ill remove the snapped one and see if i can get it welded.
Have you / anyone seen this snap before? I can some marks around the bolts on the slave end which looks like the bracket has been moving. Just wondering whether the supercharger is loose, which in turn has caused this movement / snapped the bracket.

Yes common. I believe(not 100%) the brackets where updated to reduce the breakages ( poss thicker material)

1 Like

If it is #15, this had broken on my Exige and removed by a previous owner. I didn’t even know there should have been a bracket there for the ~3 years I ran that car, only when I got my 2-Eleven and saw it had a bracket did I realise it was missing from the Exige.

Good advice to say just leave it disconnected? Not sure, but what I can say is that it doesn’t seem to be the end of the world if it’s missing…

1 Like