Silverstone Sat 23rd April

Ok, so who’s up for an Exigers meet at a great race meeting?

http://www.vscc.co.uk/vsccweb/events/event.jsp?id=652

Any good racing?

I failed to turn up, I’m afraid - need to sort out my brakes!

However I’m 100% sure it would have been a great day.

Am meeting Jester & Chevron at Oulton tomorrow (GTs/F3) - would be good to see more exigers there :sunglasses:

We had a brilliant day thank you. 300+ entries, 11 races, brilliant sunshine, thousands of spectators, no major incidents…photos soon I expect…

Real shame to miss this one but needs must. I look forward to photos in due course, Mike. Maybe See Red will make up for it.

Oulton Park tomorrow looks set to be a blinder - the Easter meeting is always great fun.

Certainly plenty to see go too at the moment!

I was at Cadwell on Friday and some of the historic racers started turning up for their race weekend. Some nice kit.

I think Donington has a good race card for next weekend - including Group C, my personal favourites.

21st & 22nd May 2011 ‘See Red’ the Vintage Sports Car Club Festival

The Original and Best Vintage Historic Racing Festival at Donington Park.

Organised by the Club who have been racing at Donington Park since the 1930s SeeRed brings the best Vintage and Historic cars and drivers to Donington in May. Spectators will be fully entertained by a programme of 17 races over the weekend highlights for Pre-war Sports-Cars, Vintage and Historic (Pre '61) Grand Prix Cars, 1950s Sports Racing Cars, Formula Junior, Equipe GTS ('50s and '60s production sports-cars) and 500s. See www.vscc.co.uk for more details… VSCC SeeRed 2011

Tickets available on the day. �14 per person OTD or call 01608 64999 for advance tickets at special prices. Children 15 & under go free.

That sounds good but I was thinking of this one:

April 30th & May 1st

Donington Historic Festival

This new, action-packed two-day event featuring more than 300 iconic historic racing cars sees Group C Le Mans sportscars, Porsche 917s, Ferrari GTOs, pre-War Bentleys, Bugattis and Alfa Romeos and much more take to the track. Add Group B rally cars, historic karts and a trade village and you’ve got an unmissable weekend. See the event website for more details www.doningtonhistoric.com

I’ll be heading down to Donington on Saturday for the Historic Fest if anyone fancies a natter. Looks awesome!

I’m biased…

Pictures from VSCC Silverstone last Saturday taken by Lotus fan Peter McFadyan… VSCC SILVERSTONE PICTURES

Mark Gillies in R3A hounding Gary Pearson in the ex-Bonnier BRM Type 25 at the Silverstone Classic last year was one of my annual highlights. I imagine he was equally spectacular last weekend. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos, Mike. I understand your bias concerning the various historic events but nice to have such a miscellany to allow choice! And Group C cars remain a wonderful spectacle, quite apart from all the other awesome stuff on offer over the weekend.

Me too :sunglasses:

Group C/Chevrons/Loti/Lolas/GT40s etc etc - fantastic entry list http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/wp-content/uploads/DHF-Provisional-Entry-List-18.04.11.pdf

Wonderful grids for every race - can’t wait! Historic F2 is looking particularly strong at the moment and Frank Sytner in a 782 promises to be something to watch…

Just trying to decide if the Sunday card looks better than the Saturday one…

Sunday looks great but we’re flying down to the Goodwood Breakfast Club then so just doing Saturday at Donington. If only I could find a way of being in two places at once…