Silverstone classics 2017

Thinking of going this year .
Anybody been recently ? I heard the traffic can be a nightmare…and prebooked tickets essential.
May be able to get on the HLR stand. As a future Classic. :slight_smile:

Your advice appreciated.

Have they confirmed this? They have been around for years and have never yet shown any sign of recognising anything Lotus that lacks a space frame and/or originated in the 50’s.

I don’t think owners originating in the 50’s count either :laughing:

Errr… no they have not!! Maybe wishful thinking :unamused: How about owner originating in …40 and can still get out of an Exige :laughing:

Traffic is not usually too bad as long as you can get there fairly early. Entrants with in field parking permits have a dedicated route but even this gets extremely busy after the initial hour. Defiantly book your tickets before the 31 March as the Early Bird offer expires and prices are hiked up dramatically!

Book using the Lotus Drivers Club code and the package includes two general admission event tickets and one infield vehicle display pass for your Lotus. The code is 17024SCC or use this link: Silverstone Classic Tickets and Dates

Just in the process of booking this and some accommodation for the Saturday and Sunday to attend with my dad in both our S1 Exiges. We went a few years ago and was by far the best event we have been to, looking forward to going again.

Mark

thanks Trigger …as a returning LDC member (thanks to Gill E) I will use the code .
Cheers

I’m still thinking about it . . . but with “cheap” ticket deadline approaching I will have to get myself into gear. . .
Thanks for the code

Do it Thommo :wink:

I hear there is a huge amount of walking involved , unfortunately 'er indoors has a foot problem (from those 6 inch heels many years ago!). So cant walk all that far so whats the score,on spectating?

Thanks for the reminder. It’s a busy weekend for events, the Game Fair at Hatfield on the Friday and Moths at Old Warden on the Sunday … so Saturday it is. Traffic can be an issue but I tend to stop for breakfast at the award winning Super Sausage cafe ( http://supersausagecafe.co.uk ) the A5 just south of Towcester and then use the backroads via Whittlebury to the circuit (10 mins) which avoids the queues on the A43 Silverstone turn off.

As for walking there are free shuttle buses (old double deckers) which provide a regular link between the new and old pit complexes with stop off points along the way. Additionally, given the Grand Prix, there are various additional grandstands around the circuit, both inside and out the track, some of which are under cover which is useful if it rains. I think they are free on the Friday but chargeable for the rest of the weekend. If the weather is dry and warm you can also sit on the grass banking. Some of the car club stands on the infield are very central, but not sure if they allocated on a cost / price basis. There were a number of Exiges (including mine) in the public car parks last year, which can be a bit of a hike, so I would strongly recommend tagging along with a car club on the infield. As for Lotus focused clubs … any recommendations?

TJS

TJS thanks for that really useful…Game Fair and Moths at Old Warden as well , want to go to them all ,could be a Very busy weekend…
If I go to them all I can also add Divorce as well :eh: :neutral_face:

The Lotus Drivers Club :wink: Silverstone Classic Tickets and Dates

More details at: Lotus Drivers Club

I have had a look at their website…and it is good news. From January this year the Type 14 is now eligible for HLR membership :astonished:

Thanks for the LDC link.

Joined and membership cost more than recovered on the discount insurance renewal.

TJS

:sunglasses: Cool, no problem

It’s the final day to take advantage of the Silverstone Classic Early Bird offer.

To book your tickets for the Silverstone Classic Silverstone Classic Tickets and Dates or phone 0871 231 0849

Members who wish to display their Lotus in the infield display area must use our discount code 17024SCC when booking online or by phone.

Early Bird Car Club Display Packages: Available until 31st March 2017
Advance Car Club Display Packages: Available 1st April to 31st May 2017