Should I do a swap?

Jump start = body off!!!Madness!Could job it’s light enough for a bump start then!

Yo can access battery to jump start if you take the front panel off. I know people have replaced the standard battery with a couple of motorbike batteries !

Fair enough but that’s not really too handy for the AA man to do on the hard shoulder of the M4!What is engine access like on a 340R compared to an Exige? The Exige wasn’t great, with the rear wing and alot of bodywork getting in the way, but from what I have seen of the 340 in pictures it looks like access should be okay?Or am i wrong?

Engine access is very easy although the engine cover screws are not quick release as standard. I belive Hangar111 to a kit to replace them. Rearding the battery/body off question, yes you can get it done cheaper IF it needs doing. Lakeside charge around � 350 to do the job. If you keep the battery regularly connected to the trickle charger (like I do) then you shouldn’t run into this problem. It usually happens to careless owners who don’t use the car much and never bother to charge the battery. No use + alarm (even in immob only mode) = dead battery. A fully charged battery will always have a longer life than one that’s left to go flat then recharged.With the 340R’s power socket it’s a 5 second job to pulg it in when you get out the car. It’s just a case of getting in the habbit. Took my 340r out at the weekend for a road blast. Big SIMLES!!

Ooops, yep forgot to say if you need to change the battery you can use a ‘Race’ version mentioned above which can be removed without taking the body off as it’s much thinner.

I was reading the buying guide in Evo to help me with my 340R Vs Exige conundrum and I noted in the prices at the end that Lotus appear to want �934 for a headlight on a 340R, to �82 on an Exige!!Surely, I thought, this must be a typo!

JMD, its no typo, the Exige headlight is the same a Renault 4 i believe, the 340R is a bespoke item [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/frown.gif[/image]

Renault 4!!!That was a 60’s design wasn’t it?My how things move on, it quoted �82 for a replacement from Lotus, I’ll bet I could get a Renault 4 Unit from a breakers for a quid! [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/blush.gif[/image])

Renault 4s are that old - they are no longer in scrapyards!! - do you know that Ford Anglia owners now source new front bumpers from Lotus (Europa/+2) - its cheaper!!