Set of Speedlines + 48's For Sale

I am selling my set of Speedlines, they are about a year old, so haven’t suffered any porosity or dodgy finish issues the latest batch have. They are in great condition as they are only ever used on track, so haven’t frequented any kerbs. They have a set of pretty well used 48’s on them, that probably have a few track days life left in them. I will also throw in a set of the correct wheel nuts.

�1,250

If you are intersted, give me a call on 07967 662294

What’s going on in their place?

I would guess Rimstocks for cooling reasons. As is the need when you run a car as fast as Sean!

are you going to do what we spoke about?

Yeah like Ian says, its for cooling reasons. I had never had issues before, but at Donnington on Sunday, I ran in two of the sessions out of every three, so I was on track for 40 minutes then off for 20. I did this for four consecutive hours. Basically after the issues I have had at race meetings this year, I was trying my hardest to break the thing.

After two hours, we noticed an oily substance leaking out of the passanger side outer CV joint. Basically the CV grease had cooked itself and was starting to leak out. I almost thought someone had dropped a honda conversion in while I wasn’t looking!!

We changed to a set of Rimstocks and the problem went away.

I do love the look of the Speedlines, but I can’t be having stuff overheat. Like Ian says its only through extended very very heavy use that the problem arises, I think I probably give my car more stick than most.

Sean…

where did you see the problem? front or rear?

Well as my Exige isn’t 4WD mate, and it was the drive shaft CV’s that were over heating, what do you reckon??

LOL!

Uldis mate, are you under the weather? That’s most unlike you.

Ian

Sean - any issues with the wheel bearings?

Have you considered the Eliseparts GT hubs with larger bearings and more opportunity to adjust settings?

Well as my Exige isn’t 4WD mate, and it was the drive shaft CV’s that were over heating, what do you reckon??

DOH!

I’ll go back to my tequila now

(but after all you’ve done to it, it could easily become AWD at any time)

Sean - any issues with the wheel bearings?

Have you considered the Eliseparts GT hubs with larger bearings and more opportunity to adjust settings?

Wheel bearings have been OK up to now. Mind you now I have typed this they will probably fail the next time I run the car. Lol.

As far as uprated uprights go, watch this space!!

Sean

Thought you were supposed to be at Oulton, testing today?

[quoteAs far as uprated uprights go, watch this space!! [/quote]

Sean - I think you need to resurrect your build thread or create a new work in progress/modifications thread to properly document these things

Yeah I was, but my new clutch didn’t arrive until late yesterday afternoon. Bloody couriers!! Russell at Lotus posted it on Monday!

I am going to aim to do the track day at Oulton on Wednesday and then the test day on Friday before the race on Saturday.

Good luck Sean - can’t make Oulton but I will be there for Donny

good luck Sean

Cheers guys!!

So who wants my Speedlines then??

cheaper than a mugen but do the same job eh…

OK you bunch of tight gits I will take �1,000

The wheels are mint, they look awesome on any Exige and the tyres have a few track days left in them at least!!!

Sean…

lol! Getting tetchy now eh??