Service intervals

What are they on the exige? Im put off by the Evo 4000k ones

The “official” intervals are 6K miles for an S1 Exige.

However, in practice most regular trackdayers will be changing the oil/filter every 2K or 3K miles, & regularly checking the brakes etc. They will also be doing the work themselves, or taking their cars to trusted independants, rather than let main dealers prat about with their pride & joys

Whats the cost of the services?

Well, I’d only be guessing, cos mine’s not been serviced by a dealer for 3 years ie after the first 12 month warranty ran out

So, guessing, I’d reckon around �200 for a routine oil change/checkover service, & �600 for a cambelt service (at 36K miles latest!). Bear in mind that dealers labour rates are from �60 per hour plus vat, depending upon location!!!

mmm I might have to buy a house before I buy another car then.

They go A,B,A,C,A,B,A,C,etc and at 6k miles (as Pesky says) or 12 mths.

With the A=�200ish, the C=�600ish and the B somewhere inbetween.

Although also budget for a set of rears (�350) with every service and fronts (�300) with every B or C.

Trust me though, IT’S WORTH IT!

Ian

Thats different to what it says in the book, A,A,B,A,A,C
in my service booklet.

They go A,B,A,C,A,B,A,C,etc and at 6k miles (as Pesky says) or 12 mths.

With the A=�200ish, the C=�600ish and the B somewhere inbetween.

Although also budget for a set of rears (�350) with every service and fronts (�300) with every B or C.

Trust me though, IT’S WORTH IT!

Ian

It is. I understand they changed the recommendation.

Have I got it right, anybody?

Ian

A B A B A C - All @ 6K intervals or 12 months. Yet , the wierd thing is the stamp portion of maintenance book starts A B A A… about right for Lotus !

difference between A & B is sparks changed, B & C is cam belt and fuel filter change…

As im on 9k im due for a B Service but as its 5 years old it needs the cam belt changed - as I believe Lotus recommended a change after 4 years… so looks like a C for me!

That makes C at 6 years and I thought Lotus were saying 4 for a Cam belt (ie. a C)?

More knowledge/opinions please!

Ian

Personally, I wouldn’t go more than 3 years or 30K miles without a cambelt change on a Rover K series - it’s just not worth the risk!!!

Also, I’d change the oil/filter every 4K miles with road use only, & more often if going on track.

Well noted

Cambelt was reduced from 6 to 5 then to 4 I think by Lotus. I had mine done at 3 years & 25000 miles. I’m going by the service booklet with regards to A,B,C as I didn’t know they changed it, works out cheaper anyway.