Sequential box for Honda .. if only ..

Quaife Engineering � Stand 8500
Quaife will launch three new gearboxes at January�s show, including an uprated, five-speed sequential model for Honda�s Civic Type-R in motorsport. With a strengthened outer casing and five wider gears, the QKE8J is built as a direct replacement for the Civic�s standard, six-speed H-pattern unit, enabling the retention of the stock clutch, differential, driveshafts and mounts.

Sounds interetsing but would there be a chance they have found some harder cheese ?

interesting they’ve made it a 5 speed rather than 6

also EP have their sequential thats doing pretty well

question is more than just initial price, also how much it costs to repair if when it shits it’self

I wouldn’t touch a Quaife gearbox with a barge pole, I dont care how cheap it is, or how great they reckon it is.

I never had a rebuild bill less than a grand back when I had a Quaife sequential on my K series

[quote=SeanB]I wouldn’t touch a Quaife gearbox with a barge pole, I dont care how cheap it is, or how great they reckon it is.

I never had a rebuild bill less than a grand back when I had a Quaife sequential on my K series [/quote]

Unfortunately my experience of RWD Quaife sequential boxes as well, last 3/4 of a rally and then rebuild time … Cha Ching …

Interested about the EP box as Track Club are on going testing…

I saw it running back in late 2011 and it seems to have been reliable over the 2012 season … Just one big problem with it that stopped me putting my name down for one …

Not like you to bear a grudge, Andy! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

No grudge (really) … just disapointment

Quite understandable, mate! Look forward to seeing you & Stan soon :sunglasses:

Andy, what was the reason you weren’t keen on the EP box?

I’d be interested to know, ring me if confidential…or err… don’t if its because its my fault!!

We’ve taken the EP box and used different electronics, we’ve also configured it to work on a stick if you don’t want paddles.

I can sort out test drives for those who are serious.

Agree with Sean regarding Quaife!

The EP box has gone wrong. Also note Maidstone fitted/tested one and yet went with Sadev for their Exige.

We had the Hewland with the K so JDR have sorted a bellhousing for the EGT box (which has never gone wrong). Twice the price of a Quaife but then we bought 3 of them; false economy!

Absolutely nothing wrong with my EP box!!! And it’s just taken over 600 bhp’s worth of abuse. I know everyone is entitled to think what they want, but in my opinion it’s by far the best one out there in terms of spec, price, strength and driveshaft angles. Plus it has EP’s support.

But how much running does the car do in one go?

Mine, not that much. But it was never going to be an endurance car. It’s done loads of whole days of testing etc (some 3 days in a row) with long sessions and has always run fault free. On the Australian cars however, the box has been run for ages in endurance events.