SELOC Bedford Day 30th

Well I had a good day - no blackflags

It was good to meet old faces (not old, lets say familiar ) and some new ones and I think I counted 7 S1 and two S2’s.

It appears Exiges are not so popular with some on SELOC today … oh well it was a track day and stuff happens

I didnt like the cones in the middle of the track though at 120 mph ( note to self - order 200 nylon bolts for splitter )

Yup Andy I had a good day also. I have some photos which I will post up later.

Don’t really know what all the fuss is about on seloc.
Someone complained about Evosal and I who apparently did not let a 340R pass I did not see him but then again rear visibility is not exactly an Exige forte I mailed him anyway to apologise just in case I had done something - don’t want to be seen to bring the Exige name in to ill repute

Good to have a chat to the S2 owners also - I can confirm that they are defo faster down the long straight than my stock 177bhp S1.

I also had some tuition from this guy called Niki (no not Lauda ) - he said he owned Exige number1 - the prototype was given to him after he had been racing for Lotus. Top bloke - he even said some positive things about my driving

Good day for me, still getting used to the car. I was thinking about this which is faster S1 or S2. The S1s were faster than me but that is because I am a relative novice and I would think S1 owners are a little more experienced.

Either way I am having great fun getting used to the car. Its nice that people even at bedford want to take piccies of the car and chat about it, never happened with the 135r.

Sorry I did not get to say hello to most of you, I was out on track far too much

excellent day out - got black flagged though it was mistaken identity - honest !! some other ali exige had spun and apparently they wanted to let them know theres a 3 spin and youre out rule.

Out of interest any one on here own the orange s2 that likes to go side ways past the pit lane ?? very amusing…

good to catch up with a few - definitely will sign up for another at some point - weather permitting (and wallet )

m

Ooops sorry escaper that could have been me. I spun close to the end of the day, we left shortly after.
Was a great day, those S2 exiges do seem to travel sideways an awful lot though, perhaps its the colour

Christian

Seems like you all had a great day…

Shame I could not be there as well…

Any videos Andy / anyone ??

Any day now I’ll be back on the road

Yes Mike, shame you could not be there,…that makes twice you have blown us out

I had my new camera with me and took a couple of snaps, you should find a selection at the website below. Need to work on my pans - not too sharp but getting there.

Clikcy for Bedford Photos

Guys, let me know if you want copies of the high quality original file or if you want a particular resolution. All the ones on the website have been dumbed down to make download speed acceptable…enjoy!!!

Just think Benja…

I have not driven my Exige since the original 1st Lotus day…

Cold turkey that never gets any better !!!

Except for a very quick blast to find that there was way too much power for the old clutch !!!

had my new camera with me and took a couple of snaps, you should find a selection at the website below. Need to work on my pans - not too sharp but getting there.

Clikcy for Bedford Photos >

Good photos - Wish I was there…

Left the video at home charging up too damn early for me to think about things like that

Doh !!

Yes Mike - thats exactly what I said just as I passed the M6/M42 junction - at least I remembered the car and my driving licence - unlike one guy who was a bit upset with himself … just how can you forget a car

Ben

Great photos - you could moonlight with that camera

It appears Exiges are not so popular with some on SELOC today … oh well it was a track day and stuff happens

what’s the craic Andy?

Benja

excelent pics…

AndyD
Have you got Armourfend or Invictashield or similar on th efront of your car?.. i know its from a distance but for a black car it looks incredibly free of stone chips… it looks fantastic

Andy drives everywhere backwards !!

Rox -

Well I guess the Exige is a target for some, dunno why … and couldnt be arsed to worry about it - I just get out of faster cars way ( if I see 'em - good point Ben ) and do my best to overtake 'em again after they spin out on the next corner

AndyD
Have you got Armourfend or Invictashield or similar on th efront of your car?.. i know its from a distance but for a black car it looks incredibly free of stone chips… it looks fantastic

Thanks Rox - I think Ben takes a very photo as well

No armourfend stuff or anything - but a respray 10K miles ago … and yep the chips are coming back

Behind you !

cheers Andy

One of the S_E clan was there and he says it was just the SELOC’rs whining about nuthin’… they need to have a few Hot Marques or better still Hot Hatch sessions at KH… they will never complain again…