See Red + Group C

Fantastic weekend at Donington coming up - organised by our very own Mike Stripe (aka 83man)CLICKY HERE

Let’s get a big group of Exigers there (particularly on Sunday) to support Randy

I haven’t got an exige, but will be there in my elise

Thanks for the PLUG Rob…

Good manners prevents me from commenting except to say that the Lotus Drivers Club effort will be on SUNDAY with Martin E arriving early to bag a spot infield. I’ll arrange for some correct colour passes to be available (I’ll be too busy myself to dish these out but a call to Rob or Martin may get you to the right place) but you can guarantee the correct car pass (you need green ones) by calling the VSCC ticket line tomorrow (01608 644999) (last day of posting tickets) and claim club dicount prices by quoting LDC. If you can get infield head for the green area and park on the start of the Craner curves just above the hospitality suites.

I am proud of what we have hot together for this weekend, not least a grid of over 20 Group C cars, including the Randalls, but over 20 Maserati 250Fs (with 14 of them racing each other in a one-make race) and modern Ferrari F1 demos, not to mention the usual pre-war grids with ERA, ALFA, MG, Bentley etc.

Sorry for advertising Mr Admin…

Regards

In Holland this weekend

Sounds a great get together, well done Mike and everyone - enjoy it

won’t be able to make it… too far really at this notice.

Hope it goes v v well 'cause it sounds excellent.

cheers 83man

Travelling down tomorrow in style! Russ will be in the Gaylardy, whilst I will be a passenger in our friend, David’s, Birkin Le Mans Bentley Blower. David spent over 10 years restoring the beastie, but he has decided that now is the time to move on. The Bentley will be on display on Bonham’s stand tomorrow, before being auctioned at the Goodwood Revival in a week or so’s time. This is the car:

Bonham Catalogue

… not jealous … really…

Not wishing to make you more jealous, here are a couple of pics taken whilst Russ & I stayed at David’s French gaff (about 35 miles from Le Mans) in 2003:

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Exiges/DSC00915.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Exiges/DSC00916.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Exiges/DSC00921.jpg[/image]

see you there tomorrow mr pesky and russ

Ps I thought you didn’t like anything that didn’t have a roof mr Pesky

MADDOG

Whilst I fully appreciate where you’re coming from, it’s only Exiges with roofs off that make me mad! I’m just so passionate about our cars, that perhaps I’m a little blinkered … but I couldn’t care less

PS How do we recognise you, apart from having a studded lead around your neck

You know me as Dave
was at Lemans and friends of Martin and Steve with the Silver elise

Beautiful Car, but your hair will be messed up by the time you get down to donnington

Ah ha , now I understand your user name

Don’t worry about my barnet, I shall be wearing a very nice hairnet under my clothcap tommorrow

[image]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1250000/images/_1251406_colgrimsdale.jpg[/image]

Good too see everyone on Sunday and my apologies that the only show I put on was on Saturday.

Still can’t get over that 27litre vintage rocketship .

Almost forgot to say… Big thanks to Mike Stripe for putting on a fantastic event, best organised event I’ve been to all year .

What a great day. It was good to see everyone as usual

And a big big thanks to Randy for making my dads day

And theres a few photos here too SEE RED 2005

Paul

Good too see everyone on Sunday and my apologies that the only show I put on was on Saturday.

Still can’t get over that 27litre vintage rocketship .

Almost forgot to say… Big thanks to Mike Stripe for putting on a fantastic event, best organised event I’ve been to all year .

Thanks Chris…this message just about sums up exactly what we were trying to achieve, i.e, a fine but eclectic mix of racing cars with sufficient well known stuff such as F1 and Gp C to bring in people who might begin to find some interest in vintage racing. It seems to have worked although we would have like a bigger crowd.

I was delighted with the weekend - there were some fantastic grids and if you missed the Maserati display (24 250Fs!) or the Maserati only race (just about every one of them red and most being driven with some gusto…) you missed a piece of history. Also the Historic Seaman grid was probably the best of its type for over 30 years.

I didn’t do all this on my own of course - we have 8 full time staff at the VSCC who all worked just as hard on the event as I did in one way or another and like any club we rely on volunteere to make the day work. What is really nice are the comments from marshals on the Ten-tenths forum.

We’ll be back at Donington 2-3 sep 06 when the theme will be a century of Grand Prix racing…

Regards