seat rails

my seat rails have really loosened up in the 2 months i’ve had the car (approx 3k miles). Its not overly loose at the moment, but certainly noticeable. I’ve flagged to B&C who confirm that there is play in the mechanism, first service is due in December and if it gets much worse then I intend to have the rails replaced under warranty.

Has anyone else had a wobbly seat experience?

Has anyone else had a wobbly seat experience?

Wobbly arse, but car seat is okay

One of 4 bolts that hold the seat to the chassis sheered on my car had to get an engineer into the dealership to replace it with a larger bolt. I have heard of this happening before. (it was the passenger seat although cant remember having any over weight passengers )

Are you sure the 4 bolts that hold the seat down are not loose?
Did you look?

Had this problem with my car since new
Drivers side seat rocks back and forth on it’s rails
Still has not been fixed by the dealer
I have 25,000 km on the car
Just crap quality control

also had this problem from new(march), had the seat rails changed to the motosport ones (i watched and can confirm they were labelled the motosport) but he had to use the existing frame from the old rails.

Seamed Great for a few weeks but started to rock a little again and have ever since

its not that bad or as bad as i have seen on others but not ideal.

Jubilee clip around the rails - problem solved - but you cant move the seat very easy afterwards

You guys are not very DIY oriented, right?

I understand, the dealer should fix it, but when they can’t just go out and do it yourselves.

If the rail was manufactured too loose, just rebend it.
Dismount them, get some mole grips and a vise and bend the sides until they’re as tight as they need to be.

Job done.

having spunked 30 grand on the motor, i’d rather have someone do it for me

Somehow, I knew you were going to say that…

plus of course the rails will just open back up, over time

Ah, in that case yes, fight for them to be changed for… S1 ones!

had the seat rails changed to the motosport ones (i watched and can confirm they were labelled the motosport) but he had to use the existing frame from the old rails.

What’s the difference between Motorsport rails and the standard ones?

What’s the difference between Motorsport rails and the standard ones?

I don’t know, what is the difference between Motorsport rails and the standard ones? [it better be good! ]

Ian

You guys are not very DIY oriented, right?

I’m very DIY oriented
Just annoyed with myself for paying so much for a DIY car

Ah, in that case yes, fight for them to be changed for… S1 ones!

Uldis - I had my S1 seat rail changed a couple of times because it was too loose - really offputting when on track. It still is not at tight as I would like but not enough to make me change to the fixed rails I bought but are collecting dust in the garage.

Possibly fitting the 5 point harness and having the lapstraps and crotch fixed through the floor rather than to the seat has helped eliminate the movement.

also seems us S1 chaps post more on the S2 threads than the S2 boys…not that I’m callng them GJOB’s