Season opener : Donny 21st Feb

The hiatus is nearly over :smiley:

Bit lastminute.com but me and DaveP will be at Donny this Sunday with BaT.

I certainly plan this to the first event in a year of on-track action…2016 bring it :sunglasses:

Sorry fella’s got a game KO 12.30. Can’t make it, next time maybe :smiley:

Might pop over seeing that i am only 10 minutes from the track.

What’s the weather like?
Rain = Fun, again?

Weather mixed,…I honestly don’t mind either way :smiley:

Yeah pop in and say hello Alan, I think we’re in garage31.

A little play with some Porkers who were holding us up…

Fun with GT3's - YouTube

What’s not to like :laughing:

Car looks like it’s going to fall apart when giving it some but the performance is very impressive

:laughing: The bonnet hasn’t come off yet!

It does ok considering it’s only 175bhp…

Not overly keen in moving aside.

Great day that was over all too quickly. Fantastic to see Sean, SteveE and Martin too,…I kept an eye out for you Alan but did not see you?

The car was going great and it was fantastic to be back in the saddle trying to remember how to drive it! Like Dave says they go well for 175bhp and trouble all kinds of more expensive track machines,…esp GT3s :smiley:

Trouble is as soon as you’ve done one event you want to get out again immediately. I also need to work on my fitness, it’s a physical little car to hustle around at pace and I felt knackered the day after. We’ve got the Spa/Zolder triple header in July!

I took this pic to show the difference in size between the Baby ///M and the Caterham. Love 'em both :thumbup:

[quote=“DaveP”]A little play with some Porkers who were holding us up…

Fun with GT3's - YouTube[/quote]

Were you two-up Ben? (and I assume glued to Dave’s rear during that, with footage to share :wink: )

Haha yes, once they yielded to Dave there was another pesky little Caterham right behind him…coming throooouuugh :smiley:

I forgot to put my camera on :frowning:

Super pic, Bdn

Nice Ben

Nice pair Benja

Yeah was a great day. The black GT3 was on full slicks as well by the way.

Dave, Ben and I had a long chat on the fun per £ ratio of different cars. If you factor in the running costs as well as the purchase price, I don’t think you could ever beat Ben and Dave’s little R300’s

I think fundamentally if you want to spend a lot of time on circuit then starting off with a racecar is a good idea. R300 is such a sweet spot of pace/handling/hoonability as a trackday car, I have no regrets and I plan to use it a LOT in 2016.

I love my Exige like a child but the R300 is undeniably awesome fun on circuit.

Nice video - I know there’s some camera wobble but the centre of the rear edge of the bonnet does appear to lift quite a bit.