Say Goodbye, Wave Hello !

Dear all,

This site was started in 2000 when SELOC wasn’t even a thing, Pistonheads was just for TVRs, and british-cars.co.uk was the only source of anything Lotus related but there was nothing for the Exige. I knocked up the site in my lunch break and the rest is history.

After having run Exiges.com for nearly 19 years (really, is it THAT LONG ? that’s crazy), time has come for me to pass the baton of ownership and administration of this site to someone who can do it justice.

I’ve had an awesome time running the site, met some great folks and generally had a blast, but due to family commitments and other things going on I’ve neglected this site for too long, and its about time some young blood took the reins.

The new admin/owner is Andy Bond, an S2 Exige owner that has been an active member of this site. He’s been a good friend of mine for over 10yrs now and he’s more of a petrolhead than I will ever be. Not just that, but he also has the necessary skills to keep this site up and running and handle all the maintenance. He’s so good you probably didn’t even notice that we had transferred servers this weekend to his hosting platform.

Looking back through the pictures from yesteryear, I’d forgotten just how much fun I’ve had with you guys (not to mention how much I’ve aged since then).

Here’s a thread from some contributors on their favourite Exige moments: Exiges.com - Exiges.com - Lotus exige club

Thanks to you all for your contribution. I’ll leave you with 2 pics that sums it up for me.

Croft April 2005

Pesky + Russ
caption2.jpg

Thank you David, I’m sure you won’t be a stranger. Wishing you and your family all the very best for the future.

What have you got planned then Andy?

Thank you David. :clap:

Hi fella.

Nothing really planned at the minute. I dont want to tread on any toes, or make too many quick changes. People dont tend to like change.

I have moved us to the latest -1 version of php so things should be pretty instant in terms of response and done lots of behind the scenes optimisations to get us as fast as we can. Not of course that I am dissing what David had done in the past - I am just putting my own interpretation on things.

I have moved us across to a HTTPS based site so in theory at least we will get better google ranking from that and also upgraded the theme so the bloody annoying auto scrolling will have stopped. Finally the subtle addition of an up/down button appears on the bottom right of the page when sufficiently long.

Longer term I would like to get some feedback from the end users on what they would like to see. Ill start a thread in a month or so once the dust has settled and see what, or if anyone wants anything.

Thank you David!!!

Exiges has been my on online default since the beginning. Living in Oz and then moving ‘closer’ to Hungary, exiges.com has made life fuller and added ‘exige’ness’ to everyday.

I’ve stayed with Rob and he visited me over here. Ben and Tommo and Tim and Wes and Randy and so many of you have brought fun and learning to me. The annual drive over is worth it every time! I would happily contribute payment if ever needed to keep exiges.com going. Everybody I know, knows about exiges.com and S1 exiges because of how awesome our group and the cars are.

Hosting photos would make the site much more lively again I think.

Thank you Andy for taking it on!

Good stuff Andy. I guess maybe a midlander… Possibly? Worth having a look at MLOC another great site and not too dissimilar.

Anyhoo, congrats on taking over. Good luck :thumbup:

Must add my own thanks and echo Series 1.
Hardly a day passes without me clicking on to exiges . . . it’s given me many years of fun with scores of great people who have become true friends all due to the power of the internet and its ability to bring together strangers with a shared interest. Long may it continue.

I am from the peoples republic of Yorkshire!

Oh dear, I’m sorry to hear that very unfortunate :laughing:

I’ve not been around too long and have been pretty quiet since arriving, but it’s clear that this forum has been an immense resource for Exige owners over the years - so great work setting this up and keeping it running.

Best of luck to Andy with whatever happens next :clap:

Thanks David.
This site has been great for me since I bought the Exige ( now sold) in 2009.
No doubt I will be back in a modern lotus at some point.
Andy, good luck with your new charge. As we are a community, I wonder if there is a space for ‘Caterham chat’ or ‘New Bahar Lotus models when they emerge chat’?

Graeme

David

Many thanks for starting this site - without it I wouldn’t have bought my S1 Exige and wouldn’t have had the opportunity to meet such great ‘like’? minded enthusiasts and characters - Oh the good times we have had over the years :smiley:

Best of fortune for the future and again thanks

Cheers

Simon

Thanks David, this site has been the only forum I look at pretty much daily, even though I haven’t had an Exige for a fair few years now.

Fair play Andy for taking it on. Good luck in the future.

There is! Created! :slight_smile:

Yay hey!