S2s or not

Has anyone on here test driven the S version of the Exige and deciced to stay with the standard S2 Exige car?.I ask because it is a move I have been considering of late and can’t quite make up my mind.
I’ve driven the S and while it’s better in some ways I don’t know if it warrants the extra money.

Cheers

Steve

I think thats a very personel thing. You have to look at it in the light of day and say ‘ok this will cost me say 10k, is the S really going to be worth that 10k?’

If you find it too close to call sell you Exige in say August wait till October or Novemeber wwhen S will start popping up on the nearly new market.

I did.

I found the engine a bit bland without the apparent cam change, and flat out little quicker than a std. S2. I’ve not seen one on track yet to know whether its much quicker than a std car driven hard.

And the extra 10K on top of my year old car is a bit rich for me.

Mark

You can get 300bhp+ for �10k

Could look at it that way
What could you do to your car with that 10K ?
Eg Ohlins, and Sc

Yes Steve but is it a reliable 300 hp ? and is it driveable on the road without overheating etc.

Steve

From the Yota you can get 270hp every day of the week for 7.5k
300 prob not

Yes Steve but is it a reliable 300 hp ? and is it driveable on the road without overheating etc.

Steve

Speak to Benard or Martin & Steve. But how reliable has your Toyota engine been in standard 189 format?

Below the belt - I’m told that it’s just an injector problem. If I remeber rightly though even the k’s like to pop back to see NW now and again. . Will have my car back in a couple of days though just ready for the weather to change I suspect.

Steve

Speak to Benard or Martin & Steve. But how reliable has your Toyota engine been in standard 189 format?