S2...

Switzerland is not in EU so may have different rules.

At the end of the day I would have thought mods will be sold ‘For Track use only’ and still run on the road (in the same way that I understand the odd Elise owner runs with no Cat ). Turning off the MIL dashboard light is hardly too difficult and the Police would have to be really digging.

Ian

I think a lot of the tuning gear already available is US friendly so somehow I think it’ll be good for the EU / UK

Oh i agree, The Swiss have even greater rules & regs !

I’m not saying that tuning can’t be done because it can and as Mark says there are loads of kits available, the point was the legality of it being on the road if it didn’t meet the standards required.

thank God that we are not in the EU but some twats decided that we have to comply with the EURO bureaucrats…so we have the same rules…
I still think 4000 quid is a lot of dosh… for a riced up engine…
laters,
B

Oh i agree, The Swiss have even greater rules & regs !

I’m not saying that tuning can’t be done because it can and as Mark says there are loads of kits available, the point was the legality of it being on the road if it didn’t meet the standards required.

That’s my point, certain states in the US (CA being one) have some of the most stringent laws out there, and IIRC Japland isn’t too friendly either (what with their Shaken MOT thing too!). It was why the Elise was never release in the US, even a standard K had too high emmissions.

It’s why Lotus have had to use the 2ZZ-GE instead of the K for the Fed Elise.

So all the mods that are Fed friendly will easily be Euro friendly IYSWIM