S2 Track Work

Gents, I posted here during the winter considering an Exige for everyday. Well I let my beloved 911 964RS go at the weekend and I’m test driving an S2 on Saturday.
Does anyone have any insight into how the S2 perform on track and how resilient they are? I’m aiming to do about one track day a month and a little road work in between. THe beauty of the 911 is that you can turn up, hammer it, go home and they’re pretty much bullet proof?
Any experiences (S1 or S2) gratefully received before I take the plunge?
Regards
Jimbers

The beauty of the 911 is that you can turn up, hammer it, go home and they’re pretty much bullet proof?

Jimbers
SO FAR, my S2 has not missed a beat, have done 4 track days in it and occasional road miles as well totalling 4000 to date, S1 seems more of a hands on car to keep it at it’s best but I know the S1 owners wouldn’t swap for anything else but then I feel the same about my S2.

John

It is fine Jimbers, but you might want to do something about the brakes.

SO FAR, my S2 has not missed a beat

Even when running on dieeesssssssel

Even when running on dieeesssssssel

Thanks for reminding me Pesk.

Yeah - I’d agree on the brakes - did a track day recently and the car was excellent all day (although the high power band can be frustrating on twisty tracks) but after parking it up for a week I’ve now got absolutely no brakes.

Pagid RS14’s, braided hoses and Castrol racing fluid the way to go ?

and anti squeal kit…

and anti squeal kit…

earplugs are cheaper, lighter and probably have more chance of working

…and for the poor suffering public …

…but seriously any one rate the elise parts anti squeal kit? any good, does it last?

M

Many thanks Gents. If I buy one I’m planning to do the hoses and fluid, LSD, uprated clutch, Stage 2 exhaust, Drivers harness (retaining the std belt) and Ideally see if I can find someone who can work on the ECU to get the most out of the engine.

Couple of things then

Whats the view on the oil cooler thingy
has anyone done any ecu work on the S2’s
ease of fitting a harness one side?
are the std seats ok
value of the Ohlins suspension upgrade.
costs and recommended installers on this little lot?

All input gratefully rec’d?

Thanks

Gents, I posted here during the winter considering an Exige for everyday. Well I let my beloved 911 964RS go at the weekend and I’m test driving an S2 on Saturday.
Does anyone have any insight into how the S2 perform on track and how resilient they are? I’m aiming to do about one track day a month and a little road work in between. THe beauty of the 911 is that you can turn up, hammer it, go home and they’re pretty much bullet proof?
Any experiences (S1 or S2) gratefully received before I take the plunge?
Regards
Jimbers

I’ve just been to a track day with a pal in a 964RS - the Exige stood up far better. Tyres not as hot, fluids fine, brakes fine…I got far more track time…AND I was quicker

Congratualtions, you’ve discovered our little secret! Great aren’t they!

Ian

jimbers
I have an S1 but use it everyday and have done loadsa track days with it… i reckon the S2 will be way way better than an old beetle sports tub…

i reckon you will be amazed

Roxx…The S2 test drive I had was stingy to say the least…but I got the picture! Beetle Sports Tub…Like it. I’m now looking for the right car and trying to convince myself that losing money on sports cars (inevitably) at some point is really alright!

Gary…which track and which RS as a matter of interest.

Jimbers