S2 Service Manual

Couple of years back I got hold of the official Lotus service manual for the K series S2 Elise - a bunch of pdf files which had obviously fallen off the back of a PC and someone had posted on a web site - and very useful they are too. Does anyone know if the Lotus service manual for the S2 Exige/ Yota Elise is avaiable anywhere? Or has anyone here actually bought it?

Mark

Ok, having had a quick surf around, the answer would appear to be that the Toyota specific stuff is not freely available, although apparently the manuals are available online in the US - Elise Service Manual for $25 from LCU. | The Lotus Cars Community

But it seems that you need a US postcode to register. However, I did find exactly what I was looking for elsewhere. As I am planning on tracking my car quite a lot in 06, and admittedly also beacause I just like tinkering, I was wondering about fitting a second oil cooler. My car does not have the perf pack, but like all Exiges built from April 05 onwards it has a single oil cooler. Turns out Lotus have issued a tech bulletin on fitting a second cooler. http://www.sandsmuseum.com/cars/elise/information/misc/pdf/sb2005-05.pdf

This actually relates to US spec Elises, but suggests that it is an easy job (once the front clam is off!) as the pipes for the second oil cooler are already fitted. I am hoping the latter is also true of UK Exiges. I will have a good look at my car this evening to find out.

Mark

2.3 hrs does not sound to bad. let me know if you need a hand

2.3 hrs does not sound to bad. let me know if you need a hand

Thanks - might well be taking you up on that, although I suspect 2.3 hours might be a tad optimistic even for us gifted mechanics Just been having a look at the car and all the plumbing for the second oil cooler is indeed already in place. Actually fitting the cooler looks like a 10 minute job - the time consuming bit would be removing and refitting the front clam. Reading the service manual this sounds reasonably straightforward but maybe bit fiddly (anyone here done this?). Will try and find out tomorrow how much the parts would be - they are about $500 in the States apparently, so maybe �250ish here which would definitely make it worth doing.

Mark

I love a challenge