S2 pic at top of forum pages

Are we going to have a composite S1/S2 pic at the top of the page?

I think this will be symbolic to new owners, because most of the posts aren’t hugely positive toward the S2.

Don’t know who decides these things, but it would sure be interesting to get some feedback from early adopters.

errr…

To be honest…

NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO

However I see no reason not to have a separate section for them with a piccie at the top of THAT page…

After all, we have an elise section and a radical section, but they have not been given the honour of a picture on the main page…

Hethel, I’m kinda with Mike.

But to be honest, I consider this David’s forum. None of the difficulties SELOC have had trying to run it like a committee. So it’s his call.

You could try putting a poll up and see what the consenus is though.

I like the idea of an S2 section.

Ian

Separate section seems a good solution to me

No guys.

I’m not agreeing to this one.
This will alienate the new S2 users from us. If we want to make them see things the way we see them as well, we need to talk together.

I say we live all together and have probably a pic of the S2 to the right of the S1 one.
Make the sponsor link smaller and get rid of the Elise talk section.

We need to be one with the new guys.

MHO

I definately favour replacing the Elise section with a MK2 section. Picture - not fussed if there’s one on the mainpage, but should definately have one in the MK2 section.

Obviously “Lotus Talk” & “Meets & Events” sections will be relevent to everyone.

Just my 2p’s worth

Being sensible for a moment, if anybody buys an S2 Exige and comes on this BBS a lot, they are bound to get rid of all the namby pamby bits anyway, and add all sorts of upgrade bits, and different exhausts, and even different engines, splitters, wings etc etc, and those cars will end up just as individual as all our cars are…

After all, who of us should throw the first stone???

Obviously “Lotus Talk” & “Meets & Events” sections will be relevent to everyone.

I’m with Pesky. I don’t want to alienate anybody just to focus the discussion appropriately.

Ian

Mt .2p

I think the S2 Exige should be up there on the main page as this is after all “exiges.com” (as my friends keep pointing out where I have the URL on my car LOL!)… So it may be watered down but it’s still an Exige…

But as it’s a personal forum IYSWIM then shrug

This will alienate the new S2 users from us. If we want to make them see things the way we see them as well, we need to talk together.

There is a practical side to a separate section Uldis.

Many people ask for advice on this forum and if they aren’t explicit as to whether their car’s an S1 or S2 then they could conceivably be given the wrong advice. An S2 sub section would avoid this. Maybe we should have an S1 sub section too?, although S2 sales would probably need to reach some sort of critical mass for this to happen.

I share your concerns about alienation and still think the composite photo’s a good idea. However there is a danger of muddying the waters now there’s two Exige types out there.

On the main page, S1 on the left, S2 on the right, ads in the middle?

Thoughts?

Ian

ps. Again, David’s call, it’s his site!

I agree with Pesky

However, i’d ditch the S1 pic and replace it with an S2 coupe… need to move with the times guys… I don’t like the idea of cluttering the header with too much, and the sponsor flash is the only way Mr Admin can finance the site… so if I was a sponsor I know what i’d say…

However, i’d ditch the S1 pic and replace it with an S2 coupe… need to move with the times guys…

WHAT?!

Ohhhhh, you were joking!

Ian

I think this will be symbolic to new owners

I’ve got a picture symbollic to the new Exige, but it can’t be printed here…

However, of course new owners are more than welcome in this forum and I’d be very interested to hear their views on the car.

But I’m still convinced it’s an Elise coupe…

(Gee… I’m sounding as polarised as Scuffham now… )

Erm, I don’t think it matters what logo we have at the top, but if you guys would like to vote on it, I’ll go along with what you say.

Thanks David…

No vote please - too easy to fix the result!!

I’ve launched a poll anyway… and if someone is mad enough to care about the result to go to all the lengths of cheating well…

Besides, I never said I’d take the blindest bit of notice about the result anyway

LOL!

Mike, the difference with David is that he’ll have the records to see if anybody cheated (if he were actually that interested ).

Ian