S2 light bulbs?

Found out yesterday that one of my lights doesn’t work, can I change the bulb myself?

And if so, should I get anything different than OEM?

I swear I’ve seen a factory bulb upgrade somewhere. Its not in the accesories sect of the factory website is it?

If not I think Philips Visionplus(?) the ones which shine a bit blueish are a genuine improvement. A mate with a '91 Camaro (with crappy old lights) found a decent improvement.

Do I have to take the wheel off to do this?

The lights were one of the first things I sorted when I got the car. I went for a full Xenon HID setup from elise-shop and had it fitted when the car was in for its initial running in service.

HID Conversion

A fantastic improvement on the originals.

Wheel and liners out to change the bulbs but it’ll take you 15mins per side. You’ll need some smallish Torx drivers for the 2 screws on the forward liner panel but they aren’t done up tight.

Factory upgrades here

http://www.grouplotus.com/car/cars_aftsales_acc.php?cid=8

Changing the bulbs is pretty easy. I’ve got the Lotus upgrade kit, and it’s a definite improvement. Well worth it if you don’t want to stretch to HIDs

The lights were one of the first things I sorted when I got the car. I went for a full Xenon HID setup from elise-shop and had it fitted when the car was in for its initial running in service.
HID Conversion >

One problem with this upgrade is that the radio reception becomes very poor when the HID’s are switched on.

Changing the bulbs is pretty easy. I’ve got the Lotus upgrade kit, and it’s a definite improvement. Well worth it if you don’t want to stretch to HIDs

How much was the upgrade kit from Lotus?
Just been looking at the direct car parts site a pair of H4 Philips vision plus for �18 seems reasonable.
Gave a mate of mine a lift into darkest North Wales the other night, his parting comment was “feed the glo-worm a sugar lump, can’t see a effing thing”

Finally got the job done today, �5 from Halfrauds!

HID Conversion >

One problem with this upgrade is that the radio reception becomes very poor when the HID’s are switched on.

Agreed, the radio reception is worse with the HID kit turned on. Not that it was great in the first place. And the DAB reception has always been a joke.

How much was the upgrade kit from Lotus?
Just been looking at the direct car parts site a pair of H4 Philips vision plus for �18 seems reasonable.
Gave a mate of mine a lift into darkest North Wales the other night, his parting comment was “feed the glo-worm a sugar lump, can’t see a effing thing”

Sorry, I can’t remember the price of the upgrade kit. Just ask your dealer.

HID Conversion >

Agreed, the radio reception is worse with the HID kit turned on. Not that it was great in the first place. And the DAB reception has always been a joke.

Prior to the HID’s the radio was OK on my car, no DAB but with the HID’s it is now useless. Only seems to affect the Toyota powered cars.

For the 05 cars to fit the rear LED’s a suppresser needs to be added to the loom to cure a similar problem, maybe related

Prior to the HID’s the radio was OK on my car, no DAB but with the HID’s it is now useless. Only seems to affect the Toyota powered cars.

For the 05 cars to fit the rear LED’s a suppresser needs to be added to the loom to cure a similar problem, maybe related

Ever wondered whether the HIDs are affecting more than just your radio reception but that’s the only really visible/aural one?