S2 Exige Tyres?

Any good alternatives to the trusty AD08R Yokohamas recommended?
I’ve got a new set of AD08RS on the car (came fitted on the car) and hate them. Loved the Rs previously but appear to be discontinued and out of stock everywhere.

Got a Euro trip hopefully coming up so 888s or ZZSs might not last the trip.
Can’t get full sets of PS3 or 4s or Cup2s in the right sizes.
Any ideas from anyone that’s tried an alternative?

Cant comment on life of the tyres as different drivers will wear tyres at different rates
But
If you decide to use Avon ZZs We have then in stock

Do you have a link please? Your website only seems to show a Cooper or R888 tyre.
Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/avon-zzs-set-of-four-tyres-for-s3-s3-4-cyl-cars

1 Like

I find ZZS really good on my Caterham in the wet and the dry on track. I met another Caterham driver who hated them so it’s very personal. They feel pretty good at clearing water and give much more confidence than old Ao48s.

Anyone used Pilot Sport 3/4s on an S2?
Looks like you can get the rears in PS4 and fronts in PS3 sizes.
I’ve seen the PS4s used on S3 Exiges so assuming should perform similarly?

Ok not answering your question but I had PS4 on my 350 for a bit, they were fine but nothing like as good as PS4s I have on other cars

I’m tempted to try ZZS’s when I change tyres next but Christ they aren’t ‘cheap’ are they!

I was thinking the same !!

How is the zzs in the wet ? I need a mainly fast road tyre - and assume they are fully road legal - know the zzr isn’t

I had a set of ZZS on my previous Caterham and found them great in all conditions (even drove them in sub 5 degree temps without problems).
They should work fine on an S2 but as above, £750 for a set is a bit eye watering :flushed:

right - and how do they last ?

1 Like

Can only speak for ZZR, but pretty well tbf. Obviously for heavy track use you can expect to swap them regularly, but even then the fronts will probably last for 2 or 3 sets of rears so it’s not like you’re chucking £750 at it each time.

For a euro road trip I’d easily expect you to be able to do a few years’ of it comfortably, but then a euro road trip can be 750 miles, or it can be 3000 miles so quite hard to say :mrgreen:

My ZZR typically do 5000 miles or so for a set of rears, but that includes 5-8 trackdays.

I used to love my R888’s gave great balance and decent outright grip, not as good as A048 but close, then I moved to the R888R I found they lost some of the ultimate grip but were more predictable

1 Like

Can get a full set of Continental PremiumContact 6s in 205/45 fronts and 225/45 rears.
Hmm, wonder if it’s worth a punt? :thinking:

I run Yokohama V105 on my Exige, its also what Lotus fit std to new Elises. No complaints when pushing on hard with plenty of grip.

1 Like

seriouslylotus just read up a bit on the Cooper RS3-R Dave, any thoughts on this as a fast road summer tyre over the ZZS?
Thank you :+1:t2:

Also on V105’s here, happy with the grip and don’t need to worry when it rains!. Not been on track with them however as yet.