S2 Exige Ownership

So am driving round newly aquired Exige (having previously owned 3 Elises) and having the following observations:-

1. Sounds like wheel bearing has gone at low speed (when listening carefully), but does not get any worse when turning, and not coming from any particular corner. I assume the noise is actually from the tyres (mate had 340R and claimed AO38’s like it to)…can anybody confirm?
  2. Funny noises sound like they are coming from the hardtop - think I have read this is common…true? and if so, best fix?
  3. Compared to the Elises (2 off Sport160 and 1off S2), it seems to stick to the road like sh*t to a blanket, and I mean, the Elises were bloody good too. There is a noticeable improvement in mechanical grip and it is not purely down to tyres - rides down nasty bumpy roads with much more composure!

So am driving round newly aquired Exige (having previously owned 3 Elises) and having the following observations:-

1. Sounds like wheel bearing has gone at low speed (when listening carefully), but does not get any worse when turning, and not coming from any particular corner. I assume the noise is actually from the tyres (mate had 340R and claimed AO38’s like it to)…can anybody confirm?
  2. Funny noises sound like they are coming from the hardtop - think I have read this is common…true? and if so, best fix?
  3. Compared to the Elises (2 off Sport160 and 1off S2), it seems to stick to the road like sh*t to a blanket, and I mean, the Elises were bloody good too. There is a noticeable improvement in mechanical grip and it is not purely down to tyres - rides down nasty bumpy roads with much more composure!

Not heard the noise you describe at low speed (could be steering rack - others have had issues)

There is a fix for the roof… B&C did it foc for me… it is common

The grip is sensational… I think us humans reach our limits before the car does

There is a fix for the roof… B&C did it foc for me… it is common

Big tube of Araldite?

1. Funny noises sound like they are coming from the hardtop - think I have read this is common…true? and if so, best fix?

Official Lotus fix is pretty simple and works a trick. Get it sorted at the first service?

Mark

The tyres can sound like a grumbling wheel bearing.

Roof - dealer fix.