S2 Exige on order...

… MANY THANK FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS, I WENT OUT ON SATURDAY, AND DROVE THE S1 AND THE S2 ALMOST BACK TO BACK, AND I GOT TO ADMIT IT WAS A REALLY TOUGH DECISION, BUT IN THE END THE S2 GOT THE VOTE AND SO I HAVE NOW PLACED MY ORDER. IT WAS NOTHING SPECIFIC, I LOVE THE S1, BUT TO ME THE S2 WAS JUST AS EXCITING TO DRIVE IF NOT MORE SO, WITH AN ENGINE THAT IS A LOT SMOOTHER, AND IM JUS LOVIN IT WHEN YOU PUSH IT PAST 6000rpm, ITS STRANGE COS I WAS,NT ALL THAT KEEN ON THE LOOKS WHEN I FIRST SAW THE PICTURES OF ONE, BUT WHEN I ACTUALLY SAW ONE IN THE FLESH, MAN THEY LOOK AWESOME!! ANYWAYS, I CAN’T WAIT… PLEASE DON’T GET ME WRONG ABOUT THIS THOUGH, I STILL THINK THE S1 IS AWESOME TOO, I GUESS EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT OPINIONS, ITS JUST I THINK THE S2 IS THE ONE FOR ME…

Excellent choice, mine is due mid Sept, been on order since 10th June and still feels like a lifetime away.

Congrats, and welcome to the growing S2 club on here Oh and, a typical S2 owner’s question, what colour?

I’VE GONE FOR SAFFRON YELLOW, WITH ACU AND THE PERFORMANCE PACK. SO… HOW IS IT?

I’m in for magnetic blue, air/con n performance pack

welcome , i have had mine for about 4 weeks and love it!!!
although i also had an exige s1,for me it was the right way to go, but i do miss the old beast but my new one is growing on me, i nfor my first service so should now have great fun

Congratulations. Hope it’s not to long a wait. Welcome to the wonderful world of EXIGE ownership.

Welcome to the club!

Performance pack and yellow, that ought to do it!

Ian

ps. What’s with the CAPTIALS?!

in for my first service so should now have great fun

Trudy
How does the first service work? Is it a freebie, do you just pay for parts/oil etc or do you cop for the lot including labour? Oh, and any idea how much?
Thanks
John

you get a voucher when you pick it up…this pays for the labour and you have to pay for the oil and filter…no idea on the cost shouldnt be that much, im taking mine to merrits of amersham as lrv is a bit far to go…will let you know…when is your car delivery date?

14/15 th Sept at the mo. Planning on taking 2 days off work to see if I can rack most of the 1000mls up. I shall be banging on the door at 9:00am at Nick Whales come delivery day.

welcome along to exiges.com rjr

an ever expanding S2 register then… cool… mind you, you guys are used to expanding things eh…

Trudy,

I would think that a few of us will be interested in how you get on with the after sales service…the maintenance manual semms to contradict itself

Initially it states that the voucher gets you free labour, then page 16a says its when you take it to the selling dealer

I too bought my new car further afield than the nearest dealer (due to crappy trade-in offer )

it’ll be good to know how you get on.Good luck.

Tim.

the 1000 mile service is free in terms of labour and is normally done by dealer you bought car from. Shouldn’t be any more expensive than a standard elise in terms of new filter, and some new shell super helix -it was �46 on my first S2 Type 25 if i recall and the same for my subaru wrx when that needed its 1000 miler

Got my first service on Monday (23rd)

I’ve been told that I pay for parts - Peter Smiths have said it’s about �90.

Have already been making short forays into the 6k rev band…sweeeeeet

I ordered a chrome orange S2 on the 3rd of August from Merritts. It is due early in November. I drove the Exige and the Elise and decided the Exige was the way to go. Does anyone know how many Exige S2s are in existance? I have never seen one on the road.

-robert

Good point Robert.

Come on chaps let’s start registering those chassis numbers and details in the ‘Owners Cars’ section.

Ian

ps. Robert, the last three digits on an S1 chassis number was the count off the production line. I guess we’ll find out if it the same for the S2 is true when people post.

My guess is that chaseis nos are now mixed with hte 111r but as you say we will see. I’ll put mine up soon but it was one of the first dealer cars so will be early. Don’t know how many there are in total but dealer showed me their ordering comp and it had order history for all dealers from the beginning. there are only 3 krypton green I think and about 15 chrome orange, not including lotuses press fleet I guess.

I too have not seen one on the road yet except mine. Seen 2 S1 Exiges since getting it tho.

I saw a Titty Storm S2 in Leeds last onth. The owner was at NYLOC last month, car dealer (Jap stuff mostly I think) from North Yorks.

This is the only Exige i have ever seen on the roads…apart from when I have been on Lotus runs.