S2- anyone had any of these issues?

After 3000 miles I have just had to go in to get a few ‘issues’ ironed out
First the throttle cable was catching on something making the pedal stiff. Turns out there is a plastic sheath, which had been sheered through in only 3k!
The one of the bolt on the passenger seat has sheered too.
I think this happened to the Evo Exige.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced either of these issues.

Jamie

Mine has been totally reliable so far! Having said that I have the loudest squeak coming from the front brakes at the moment, you can still hear it at 30mph. Any ideas?

I’ve had a problem with the ECU causing the engine to stall, particularly during low speed manouvers. Fixed now though.

Most annoying problem is with the (standard) alloys balancing weights falling off!

Tim.

Oh, and a broken valve spring causing a top end strip down over 4-5 weeks

Welcome to the joys of Lotus ownership…

Don’t worry, the niggles soon get sorted out!!

Mine stalls when cold if it has not been properly thrashed during the week , and yes the ecu has been flashed. Not sure if I should complain though, it could be due to the induction kit I suppose. No other problems as yet (touch wood).

-robert

Mine has been totally reliable so far! Having said that I have the loudest squeak coming from the front brakes at the moment, you can still hear it at 30mph. Any ideas?

Get yourself on a trackday, that’ll sort out and squealing brakes once and for all

Get yourself on a trackday, that’ll sort out and squealing brakes once and for all

Mine went on track on day 4 of ownership…been faultless ever since…

funnily enough the only time they haven’t squeaked are the 2 times i’ve taken it to brands, nightmare rest of the time though!