S2 0-60 times

Does anyone have them?

I think you are going to have to wait a long time

Why? Some of these cars are already on the road and some even on track days…

I’ve seen figures that go as low as 4.9.

Is this reasonable?

from lotus tech spec: 0-60 4.9s , 0-100 13.2s

Does anyone have them?

Why is it important? That’s not what an Exige is about.

Ian

from lotus tech spec: 0-60 4.9s , 0-100 13.2s

But who would believe Lotus!

0-60 times are not the be all and end all, but are all part of the package. In gear acceleration speeds vs the cars the S2 went up against in the top gear test would be useful in working out if the car will also give them a run for their money on the road as well as the track.

Any one got any independent figs, you can never trust any manufacturer!

Perhaps if someone knows they could put a list of all the test drive articles about the S2…not sure that I’ve seen any, but would like to

Does anyone have them?

Why is it important? That’s not what an Exige is about.

Ian

Yep Ian, I know the Exige is all about handling. But as someone said, it’s all part of the package. So some figures would be interesting to know.

Yep Ian, I know the Exige is all about handling…

Right, good, as long as we don’t all forget!

Sorry, I posted that a little early in the day, I guess I could have comes across a little stern there. Just didn’t want Exiges.com turning into Scoobynet (no slight there, I’m an ex-owner and know and love several of its contributors).

Ian

…turning into Scoobynet (no slight there, I’m an ex-owner and know and love several of its contributors).

Ian

Only several eh? Well that’s scooby owners for you LOL!

[/quote]

I’m an ex-owner and know and love several of its contributors.

Ian

Out of the closet now, Ian?

Out of the closet now, Ian?

So all Scooby owners are men eh Pesky!?..okay, perhaps you’re right.

Rephased to “…know and have manly slaps on the back/watch rugby with/punches on the arm/pints of ale with of several of its contributors”

Ian

I think you are going to have to wait a long time

The only sure fire way is data logging - but I thought there were some 0-60 shootouts recently but there were traction propblems etc … dont know if an S2 was there or not -

Anyhow you can see a video of a Honda engined Elsie 0-60 on the blink website and it makes 4 and something seconds… based on that I doubt very much if less than 4.9 is possible in a standard s2 considering the power to weight - and then its also a question of where second gear comes - in an s1 you can easy do 60 in second so depends on the gearbox ratios and stuff as well - hence the “not meaning much” - I think everyone agrees 0-100 is more interesting - consider the Audi conversion … 0-60 4.5 seconds - a bit “so what” - but then 0-100 is 8.5 and that is very impressive …

its as quick as you’d ever reasonably need it to be on the road