S1 to S2 rear lights

How easy is it to swap S1 rear lights to the S2 LED type?

Is it a straight fore ward swap or do you need extra wiring for the reverse light?

PC

S1 to S2

I dont even think the diameters are the same, so some bodywork mods needed also.

I’ve seen it done on an S1 Exige - not my cup of tea, to be honest.

Nope, the diameters are different The S1 lights are about 85mm while the S2 lights are about 110-120mm. So it will take some bodywork redesign I have also seen a S2 with standard Hella option LED lights (and our local city busses have them as well ) These unfortunately fit the S2 very well but mismatch the S1. They are build up of an inner LED unit that can be combined with an outer LED ring. The inner unit is only 70mm so will look weird. and the outer ring brings the unit up to 112mm so it doesn’t fit. They where bloody expensive as well. The inner unit alone was 70�/pc. Too expensive for me to just try.

I though it might be a straight swap will not bother if the bodywork needs changing.

Cheers

PC

You can get LED bulbs for the S1, but you’re wanting the LED-matrix look… not worth it IMHO and wouldn’t suit the S1

and wouldn’t suit the S1

The kiwi is right!

and wouldn’t suit the S1

The kiwi is right!

I figure why change perfection?

WHY???

Just like the look of the lights on the S2 and to get rid of the reverse and fog lights in the grill.