S1 Perspex Engine Cover

Sounds like this insta profile wants reporting as a scam!

1 Like

100% a scam, I’ve reported them.

2 Likes

Well done mate :+1:

Phil you got a better off than me it was £600 yesterday :rofl:, he gave me a postcode so i said i could meet him as i was down the road. weird he went quiet after that. thanks for posting it on the other pages etc, hopefully no one has fallen for it

Hello, I would also be interested in this. Is there a price and any lead time on getting some made up? Thanks

1 Like

@Greenelise86 is there an update ref producing the Perspex engine covers?

I also read somewhere that you were looking at producing the wheel arch liners for the S1, any progress?

Cheers.

1 Like

speaking to a second supplier for the persepx the first one struggled to get the return on the edge.
Arch liners I’ve made the first set in GRP, I’ve got someone to do some test time with them to check that they fit fine and hold up to the abuse too, will probably be going out for testing next month. it would have been on my car but other commitments have slowed progress on the build

It all sounds very positive :+1:

1 Like

I’m happy to test them :+1:t3:

I ve been offered a new one and new wheel liners. I think it was £1200 for cover and £700 for liners. I passed on it but can ask.

luckily i bought a brand new perspex so ill risk getting that moulded
Liners are still available new however in typical lotus fashion theres more of one side available than the other.
Ill message you later Phil on testing them out for me, hopefully i can get a few sets done and get them tested, ill also lay up a small piece the same as the liner and fix it to the arch of my daily drive. im quite often running round mid wales with work so itll give it a good test too.
The other bits im looking to get remade are roof seals and front grills, i cant think of anything else off the top of my head that isnt readily available

2 Likes

Roof seals would be very handy :ok_hand:

You’d have to use polycarbonate, pretty sure Perspex hasn’t got the UV stability…

itll be made of the same material as the factory one.

1 Like