S1 or S2 Exige engine for Lotus novice?

Im getting a lot of people tell me that i should probably steer clear of the S1 and go for the S2 as it has a more managable engine, and not being too mechanically minded they think that i wouldnt be able to cope with an S1 as its best on the track and not for town use?
Any thoughts appreciated!

What’s to manage with an engine?

Tis’ true on the town front though. The S1 doesn’t really like traffic jams.

You’ll be missing something special with the S1, although the S2 wouldn’t be bad compensation.

Ian

Oh im so confused…half say go for the S1, the other half S2, half say orange, half say black! Problem is, i cant find either in S1 form!

What IS so special about the S1?

go and drive one if u dont know after that buy a s2 or an elise both great cars just not…an s1

go and drive one if u dont know after that buy a s2 or an elise both great cars just not…an s1

Ohhhh bloody hell lol…Why NOT an S1?

u missed the point either r great cars i have an s1 every time i drive it im on a high, cant say why but no other car has put a bigger smile on my face

Sorry Russ, just read your post again…now i see!
What you meant was that if after driving an S1 it doesnt blow your brains out, you may as well have an S2 or an Elise?
Good point, to me the S2 is an Elise…with a hard top and a spoiler!
Now finding a good S1 is another matter!

Hard to say, but their owners know!

Once in a while a really special car comes along that is MUCH more than the sum of it’s parts. In 1999, near the village of Hethel in Norfolk, just such a car was born.

Ian

Poetry- You should write a book with lines like that.

Hard to say, but their owners know!

Once in a while a really special car comes along that is MUCH more than the sum of it’s parts. In 1999, near the village of Hethel in Norfolk, just such a car was born.

Ian

exactly if the s1 doesn’t put a bigger smile on your face than an s2, get an s2 its the better car, as its better built,more reliable easier to live with day 2 day, however…i value the car on grin factor so its an s1 4 me