S1 Nylatron wishbone bushes and stainless inserts

I had some made up for my car because I wasn’t happy with the quality and clearances of ones I bought, so can now make them up. �150 a set

are they any good tho ??

They are good only if Maddog managed to fabricate them with the correct clearances so they can rotate with the minimum possible friction and don�t produce any noises at the same time.

They are good only if Maddog managed to fabricate them with the correct clearances so they can rotate with the minimum possible friction and don�t produce any noises at the same time.

agreed

I understand that they should prohibit lateral movement but allow the wishbones to move freely in the arc of suspension travel… the wishbones shouldn’t be tight or loose but should move properly and unrestricted by the bushes.

so… do they Maddog ??

They are 50 times better on my car, no rheeming required and no lateral movement

So yes they are much better

Maddog, I presume that “ones you�ve bought” are made by EliseParts; right? May I ask for how many miles did you use them?

Ha ha

I just spent the complete day changing just three complete wishbone sets of nylatrons - rest tomorrow I hope

This time I was armed with a 16mm reamer, a vernier, A dremel and a new package of patiance.

What a PITA - the “tubes” need fettling with a file so that the bolts go through without binding up ( I knew this from last time so was prepared ) and every set I fitted needed reaming back to 16mm - the bushes get a bit squashed when inserted in the wishbone.

Anyhow this time I got easy movement, which is a complete different story from last time …

The old ones were binding up and really were crap …

These are definate not just bolt on - you need to spend a lot of quality time getting the feel just right …

Maddog, I presume that “ones you�ve bought” are made by EliseParts; right? May I ask for how many miles did you use them?

I don’t think I need to say where I bought them from, I didn’t do any miles, the clearances were wrong when I fitted them so binned them and had some made up

Please tell or give us a clue!! I’d hate to get caught out like you did.

well just buy them from me then

Andy

Are these ones from Maddog ?

I am confused! Did you buy or did you manufacture them?

SInce no wishbone/bushes will be the exactly the same… You must be quite lucky to get some bushes which will fit spot on the first time… On my nylatron a 16 mm reamer would been to big to use… So I had to use a adjustable reamer to make them fit without any play… So far it looks good…but time will show…

I had mine made up, and have not sold to anyone as yet, but I fitted them to my car and I did not need to use a reamer, the problem I had with the previous ones were that every bush was different and after spending half a day with a dremel, I decided that there was no reason why they couldn’t be made to fit properly first time without the use of additional tools, so I did the excercise to prove it for myself and they all fitted without the use of a reamer or dremel etc…

Andy

Are these ones from Maddog ?

NO - but I wish they were

I found out this morning I missed another trick - measuring the length of the metal bushes

I checked 5 or 6 when I got them and they were 38.45 mm +/- 0.05 so I though all would be OK … Oh no one is 37.80 - WTF ONE out of 14 is the wrong bleedin size - so off to the lathe to make one …

there really is no reason for this
they should be able to make them spot on everytime
hope you get it sorted Andy