S1 M/S Seats and harnesses, do any baby seats fit in them?

As per the question folks, I’d like to put my 14 month old daughter in the pax seat of my S1. It has standard 4 point harnesses fitted, so i’m not sure what my choices are. Any real world experiences of this would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Kurt

Yes (although I’m not sure I went that young)

I used a Recaro Start with both of mine which has a clever ali frame and webbing back that expands with age (having just looked here it seems to go from 9mths to 12yrs).

They seem to be discontinued but there seem to be some available - See here

Legally you might be on slightly dodgy ground as it’s not a standard lap belt but I was personally happy it was safe.

I still have it if you’re passing.

Cheers, Ian :slight_smile:

[My word of the day is clearly ‘seem’ :smiley: ]

I decided to have both the inertia-reel belt and harnesses on the pax side. MarcP from here kindly supplied and JSR fitted it.

I personally waited until my kids were old enough to be in the larger forward-facing car-seats (15-36kg) and have MaxiCosi Rodi seats which fit fine in the Exige.

You’ll need some of these as well.

Dan

I’d wait until a little older and you can use a front facing seat.

Better, newer, ones have these bars accross the front to absorb forward motion. Very good for little ones where the belt really doesn’t fit well.

I put a foam block under ours to raise it up so she can see out of the windows. Well it’s always nice to have a view while you fill the back of dads new Merc with vomit.

Recaro Monza Nova IS Highback by the way

can be used with and without isofix

Gents,

She is in forward facing seats already, she’s pretty tall for her age (98 percentile), so no dramas there.

Ian (IDG) does the Recaro seat you sent a link to fit within the tight confines of the Motorsport seats? Is your seat available?

Dan, yep! :lolno: Ear protection will be provided if I choose to go down this route.

It seems like Recaro have got the market on this one…

Most of the maxi-Cosi range fits pretty well as has already been mentioned the Rodifix is a great fit, I’ve recently got this model for my 3 yr old, but I previously had the ‘tobi’ when she was younger

Not completely, it rests on the inside of the edges. A cushion/foam pad underneath would fix that.

Yeah, it’s available…but I wouldn’t really want to post it (no box, big, heavy, etc)

If Photobucket was up I’d attached a pic (I’ll try later).

Cheers, Ian