S1 Lotus Exige or S1 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera?

Opinions please.

Blimey that is a choice and a half, can I have both?

Is it to drive and use or are you thinking long term investment?

Think I’d be buying two S1 Exiges! That’s if you can find them.

Definitely not as investment. Just something to drive down the benefits office in.

To drive and use, the Gallardo would win, much better as a road car, not too big like a lot of super cars can be. I’m sure it will work all the time.

You do have to consider it is just an expensive R8 V10 though.

What I would not do is sell the Exige to buy one, you could just be hacked off with Gallardo later to find it impossible to get back in another Exige, and end up with an Elise, I suspect that sounds familiar to some of us :frowning:

For the cost of a decent Lambo, have a nice S1 Exige and an Evora S or 400 :sunglasses:

Hey Ayrton… Going up in the world !
I’d take the Lambo anyday over a Plastic Pig :slight_smile:

What if I added a McLaren F1 GTR into the equation?

The sound of the Lambo when changing gear is unreal and the alcantara is to die for.

What a problem to have.

Not sure there is a problem to have there, where is my cheque book to buy the McLaren :smiley:

Lost… like mine!

(probably in the ex-wife’s handbag)

The only way to work this out is if money isn’t involved.

My first choice would be the McLaren. My second…

This is harder than choosing which girlfriend to take out.

Have you won the lottery bud? You know we’ve always been mates yeah :wink:

Would you really? What’s the Exige’s worst point. I’d say Lotus should have gone for massive power, sorted the soft suspension and gone for better brakes.

Who’s this?

For me the Lotus’s achillies heel was always the reliability and Hethels refusal to complete the car to the level it deserved.
It was and will always be an ongoing project with a Lotus… Wheras a Macca or Lambo is pretty much as good as it’s gonna get !

I’m enjoying my 1 series BM coupe at the mo…
With 350 ponies it wags it’s tail on command.

Do you think they just used their budget up for the project?

The looks and concept of the Exige is perfect, it’s a shame they didn’t seem to see the potential of what they had.

When I got my first Elise, one of my mates had just bought an E46 M3 SMG, we reckoned BMW had spent more on the Gearbox in his car than the entire cost of developing the Elise!

But guy’s, if you can put mega Exiges together why couldn’t Lotus???

Designed and built to a price with a warranty.

The amount of money many of us have poured into them would have made them exceptionally expensive if they’d left the factory like that!!

What’s going on Michael, you’re being very cryptic…?