S1 in USA?

im an american who wishes to ship an S1 or maybe a supercharged S2 (since that one’s back doesnt cut off the roof scoop like the american/non sc) here. would my government allow it? especially with right side driver seat, no cat in exhaust (i could be wrong, but thats what i heard), and no air bags (again i could be wrong). i know most of u probably dont know much about what my gov allows in but has anyone heard of someone doing this?

US will not allow it. The closest thing you could import is a Motorsport Elise But only if it was factory built with the appropriate VIN designation. Even then it could only be imported as a competition car, and could not be registered for street use.

Why not buy a US S2 and SC it, or wait for the 220S?

Ian

A friend have bought an S1 exige came from USA. The previous owner drive it excusively during trackdays in US events and I know he couldn’t registrate it…

Why not buy a US S2 and SC it, or wait for the 220S?

Ian

in the US the exige has no supercharger and the roof scoop is blocked by a fake grill like the non sc in UK. however, the roof scoop does not meet the back like in the sc so even if u remove the fake grill the air has no place to go so it is impossible to lead it to an intercooler like on the sc exiges. it is a shame lotus did this and it is why the exiges arent selling in the US - at least not nearly as much as the elise. I could put a supercharger on it but it will always have a fake roof scoop which sucks. the good news is i could probably have it professionally supercharged for free. lotus (i think it was lotus, might have meen aftermarket) is offering to supercharge elises (and maybe exiges, im not sure) for free to do a little research for racing.

[quotelotus (i think it was lotus, might have meen aftermarket) is offering to supercharge elises (and maybe exiges, im not sure) for free to do a little research for racing. [/quote]

Where did you get that little gem from?

Where did you get that little gem from?

i heard about it online, and talked to my friend who has a storm titanium elise with sport package - very nice car. he said he had talked about it with the official lotus dealer and they said u could do it (again im not sure if it was actually Lotus who were putting in the sc) but there are a couple of reasons why my friend did not.

1. you loose the warranty so no more free inspections or free fixes if there is engine trouble

2. some people have done it but they then had trouble with ecu or something and had to pay to repair it. this is very expensive because it is an expensive car and it has only been out for a year so it is hard to find parts and it is hard to find people who would know how to fix it making the official dealers able to charge plenty for even the simplest fixes.

my friend didnt want to take the risks so he didnt sc it (i probably would have done the same). im pretty sure this only is available in the US so most people on this forum would not here of it.

We’ve asked about the s/c for the Elise/Exige on the factory website.

The best response so far has been ‘we hear what you say’.

It needs to happen sometime if the aftermarket boys aren’t to clean up the market alone.

I like what you’re sayin’

Tim.

lotus (i think it was lotus, might have meen aftermarket) is offering to supercharge elises (and maybe exiges, im not sure) for free to do a little research for racing.

And I’ve got a bridge for sale…

Outside of the aftermarket, our only current option is to buy a Cup car or one of the “Exige Sports” which essentially the same thing but with stripes and a Union flag on the rear clam.

And I’ve got a bridge for sale…

well there is a commercial angle there - put in �3k’s worth of sc and then charge for all warranty work - that will save them more