S1 Exige wanted - selling up?

Now that I have sold my S2 Exige, I am looking for an S1 Exige - so email me if you are thinking of selling / want to sell. Any colour /condition, more interested in the mechanicals being spot on.

mail me [email protected]

No S1 vs S2 debates here…

theres about 8 on pistonheads and autotrader at the moment !!!

I couldnt believe it - I spent ages trying to find one then as soon as i buy mine loads come along…

Yup, I have seen the ads - none at the right money / spec.

Hrm…there’s a good selection up at the moment…perhaps if you posted the spec/price you were looking for it might help?

Like I said, none are at the right money.

Something around the �16k mark, so with miles probably, but mechanically sorted, or cheaper but needing money spent would suit.

There are good Exiges… and there are cheap Exiges… but…

There are good Exiges… and there are cheap Exiges… but…

Exactly - cheap ones are cheap for a reason (or 2)

Peter Murkett has a lovely S1 Exige with air con for sale but I think he wants about �18k

Mind you looking on PH now and there are about half a dozen ranging from 15K to 18K and some high milers too.

Yup, noticed one of them is “Jeffs” infamous car!

Peter Murkett has a lovely S1 Exige with air con for sale but I think he wants about �18k

where can I get more info?

Have i started a trend?!

But seriously good luck getting one guys!

I am looking again also for one, but the 16k one I did find needed a new splitter, damaged front clam, no sports seats, no 192bhp upgrade…but it had a carbon airbox
Hadnt had the floorpans looked at yet either so easy had a couple grands worth of repairs to do… 30,000 miles Y reg

Fecking shame to see it in such a bad state.

PS… looking for a black S1, already had 2 silver ones so tired of that colour…

I went to see a couple(4 to be precise) of exiges in the 17-18k range last week and I was not at all impressed with eighter of them. The good looking ones where resprayed to enhance the resale value and I could find paint defects on them quite easily. Furthermore from what I saw and without knowing the history of the vehicles being from Malta, I walked away. My line of thought was that if they are resprayed they had pretty bad paint condition and maybe some other problems. Having pretty glaring paint defects they would require a respray anyway so in the end I got the one at Sportomotive which they will ship to me next week. The car was not in a very good state visually but it seemed not to have any damage apart from sorry paint condition and some scuffs on the inside. Overall I got it for a reasonably good price and I can repray it myself and sort it out once it is here. Also being from a dealer is a plus since I needed to send the money before actually taking the car and buying from a dealer is safer.

I know you guys know a lot more about exiges than me but IMO I would rather buy a cheap car that needs sorting than an expensive one that is sorted but sorted wrong. At least doing it yourself you know what you have.

I am looking again also for one, but the 16k one I did find needed a new splitter, damaged front clam, no sports seats, no 192bhp upgrade…but it had a carbon airbox
Hadnt had the floorpans looked at yet either so easy had a couple grands worth of repairs to do… 30,000 miles Y reg

Fecking shame to see it in such a bad state.

PS… looking for a black S1, already had 2 silver ones so tired of that colour…

Went to see this one…

Hadnt had the floorpans looked at yet either

but for all Exiges that’s still a warranty job under the 8 year anti-corrosion warranty - at least that’s what I’m still thinking as i haven’t had mine done yet!

Ref floorpans;

Yes, I know, but proved the point that some cars are not run by enthusiasts so suffer as a result. The seller hadnt a clue what I was talking about and hadnt even taken it for a geo…ever…

…maybe its just me, I dunno…

I had my floor sorted last year even though it wasnt bad but i remember HHC saying only got it done in time under warranty period and mine was 2001