S1 Exige looking for new home

I know the market is slow but I thought I’d try this. I have and S1 and an S2 Exige and one of them has to go to make space for a Caterham in the garage. The S2 will be off to a dealer in a few weeks but I really like them both so I’m torn about which to keep.
You probably know all about S1 Exiges but to me there a few things that are must haves when buying one.

1. The engine must be running smoothly and like clockwork, they are simple but diagnostics can be painful. This one runs splendidly, pulls 30mph in 4th, no kangaroos or other oddities. It was not like that until I fitted verniers, a new lambda probe and spark plug leads. It’s now a total pussy cat but has the fantastic VHPD sound.

2. It must have all the good options. Sports seats, harnesses (I have belts as well), 190 upgrade, carbon airbox, aircon. They aircon does not work (none do) but the extra vents are a big improvement on the standard Elise.

3. It needs to be bright - they are small and fast projectiles on the road, better to be seen and look good.

4. It needs to be original - is still a VHPD (I have a spare engine which can be available separately), it’s running Nitrons but I have the originals. It has never been resprayed or had panels replaced. It does have some stone chips and a couple of star crazes. I would not dream of repainting it.

5. It needs to be a car you can use - it drives smoothly, starts hot or cold, passes the MoT, gleams fantastically but is not a garage queen, you can use it without worry, but it does draw crowds. Sadly, I have only been using it for Lotus in the Peak and charity dream rides for children.

I’ve set a price 2k less than a dealer offered me last year, reflecting the slow market for everything (not just Lotus cars). Ping me for more information or any questions. Car is located just to the north of Derby.

Metallic yellow, black alcantara, 27k miles, maintained by Gav, 3 owners (Rob - original member on here, Jabbs and me).

Good luck Keith, beatiful car buddy.

Don’t do it Keith, you’ll end up regretting it :crazy: :open_mouth:

Mark

That’s magnificent!

that’s nice even with air con!!! GLWS…

Very lovely car Keith. I hope you find the right buyer for it.

I expect my S2 will be an easier sell so the S1 will remain. I’m getting Gav to do a couple of things on my S2 on the 10th then it’s off to a dealer and the S1 is safe!

220hp, harness seats, twin coolers, big brakes, everything works, front respray, PPF …. endless.

Good luck with sale Keith. Both cars look ace

S2 looks great Keith, hopefully move that on pretyy quickly :thumbup:

S1 just looks :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: but I am biased.

S2 is now with Jon Seal. S1 is looking much safer to stay. Three people have shown different levels of interest but not sold yet.

Had an offer on the S1 but it was a bit below my asking price, I’d made my mind up that my price was the minimum so the S1 is no longer for sale and the s2 is with Jon Seal. I’m sure it’s the right decision, hard to sell an S1.

Lol good choice buddy. I do miss my S2 but I would properly miss the S1 if it went, maybe not straight away but a some point I’d kick myself.

Great news!

My s2 went off to a new home in Southampton today, a bit sad but you can have too many cars. Space in the garage may be for a home build Caterham academy for my son in 2021. Van tyres are going back on my academy so he can get the feel in 2020.

The s1 is now officially safe!

Big thanks to Jon Seal who made the process easy. My buyer had a trade in which would never have worked as a private sale. My car went quickly as I was (a) fantastic and (b) keenly priced.

(C) modest as well :wink:

Glad you are sorted.

That should say “it” was fantastic!

Excellent news, I was really starting to miss my S2, the S1 Elise has more than made up for the loss of the S2 Exige

Great news.