S1 exige/elise full roll cage

I have today finalised a deal on a front roll cage(with a reputable roll cage company) which is added to the standard roll hoop to make a full roll cage (to MSA regs, assuming you have the centre A-frame).If I can get a minimum of 5 orders the cost should be �350 for a kit or �500 supplied and fitted(+ VAT).The kit should take 3 to4 hours to fit.It will require 2 brackets to be welded to roll hoop , the cage is then bolted in to these brackets and to the chassis below the front dash(the dash does not require removal).
Be aware if you intend on competing in a car of above2000cc or equivalent (ie forced induction-Honda,Audi etc) you will require a full cage, as I have recentley found out myself.
If yoe are interested please contact me.
Cheers Mark

Mark,

May well be interested in kit version, whats the difference between this and the Lotus supplied one?

Ric

Ric
Lotus don’t actually supply a full cage.Saftey devices did one and there are a couple others around but they all require welding in or/and take several days to fit.They also cost at least �1500.This cage has the benefit of being easily removed if required.
Cheers Mark

Is a full cage needed for Mid Engined Race series, cant see anything in the rules that points to it?

Christian

Full cage needed if engine is above 2000cc or equivalent (ie forced induction-Honda,Audi etc) as per MSA blue book regs.
Cheers

Is a full cage needed for Mid Engined Race series, cant see anything in the rules that points to it?

Christian

is there something you’re not telling us Christian?

Christian

is there something you’re not telling us Christian?

Well see, but you may have just counted me out with the full cage thing.

I spoke to graham a few weeks ago and he mentioned nothing about it being a requirement, you may be able to get away with an A-Frame, best to give graham at plans a call, he’s the best person to speak to

My car raced in the midengined series in 2004 with a half bar - its a 1.8 turbo !!

Hi.As I read it in MSA blue book section Q 1.5 and 1.5.1(cars over 2000cc) states that a full cage(Q3,Q4) must be fitted.Section E 12.4 states that forced induction is used then a coefficient of 1.7:1 applies,therefore a 1.8 turbo surely fits into this category and must have a full cage or potentially be disqualified.
Hope that makes sense. Cheers

Yes but I thought that somewhere else it said that the cross diagonal bar was the equivalent - I’ll have to get my blue book out !!!

Let us know what you find out.I couldn’t find any mention of a cross diagonal bar in blue book, maybe the regs have been changed.
Cheers

i don’t know whether this helps at all, but our regs allow for half cage in open top cars. we successfully argued over here that the Exige was a variant of the ELise and hence open-topped, especially when demonstrating that the roof was not integral to the body work and easily removable. may save a lot of you some money!

Thanks for the info.I’ll have to do some more investigating.
Cheers