S1 checking in

Hi guys

Been on here a while bit not a regular poster. This is my second original s1 exige over the past 12 years and the 6th lotus ive had. Also have a beaut of a 211 with 1500 miles on.

So car has been in for 18 months on a bit of a build. Had a piston fail at silverstone 18 months ago after 8 or 9 faultless trackdays. Car was a jrsc k20 but was always getting black flagged. So opted to go down the turbo route in the search for a bit less noise and a bit more power

Car has had a lot of work done. Was pretty tired when i got her. Had a full respray. Engine, box upgrade, inside and out has generally been done. Few more bits todo but shes coming on nicely.

Done my installation miles and looking forward to learning more on the engine etc over the next few months. Car is on switchable maps 430 and 540hp. All work carried out by Tom at Datum mptorsport

Thanks for reading :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

…and you’ve just won the forum. Pretty much no point in posting anything anymore :laughing:

Amazing, think I stalk you on IG as I’ve seen this before. Do you also have a 211 or am I talking rubbish?

Fonzey :+1::+1:

Thanks mate.

Yeah 2eleven is mega. Never use her so she’ll be up for sale soon i think…or maybe not​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Whoah.

How does the car cope with that level of power? That must be crazy quick

I hate you :laughing:

What a pair!

Looks like a heap of cack personally James :wink:
See you for a coffee soon!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: thanks Rob…catch up soon bud

Great Post, looks very lovely indeed.

Any more details on the engine, that’s a LOT of power in a compact space!

Posts like this are making me seriously consider not having the VHPD rebuilt and going down the Honda Turbo route. Although, I imagine the conversion costs may be way out of my reach!

Looks the business and a blast to drive no doubt…,…

:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

Awesome pair of Lotus there, what a build as well congrats :+1::sunglasses::sunglasses: love to hear how the car goes with that power must be something to behold :grin:

Thanks boys. Looking forward to learning where shes at. Initial thoughts are mega on low map :smiling_imp::+1::+1:

Engine wise. We went with…Darton MID block, molnar billet conrods, ACL big end bearings, supertech valves, forged pistons, electric waterpump, pro allow triple pass radiator. Fusion fabrocations bespoke headers and exhaust, pwr charge cooler with triple bypass front rad setup. Owen developments Gbt6176 turbo with tial exhaust housing inc oil feed, oil drain and coolant hoses. Tial 44m wastegate with BOV inc coolant hoses. Emu black series ecu with engine wiring loom mods. Laminova oil coolant kit. Race alternator kit. Bespoke bulkhead with fuse/relay module.

Box wise was rebuilt. Clutchmasters clutch and i opted to upgrade with a straightcut 1st to 4th/final drive and kept standard 5th and 6th…have to say the straight cut gears sound insane!

Theres loads more listed but these are the basics :+1::+1:

Just have to see how the tyres cope on track on a hot day now :man_facepalming::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

Have a fresh carbon dash insert…aim dash now perfectly wired up too :ok_hand::ok_hand:

Stop it,… this thread is going to cost me a fortune!
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1::+1: