S1 Brake upgrade

You fitted the blower then Dave ?

No blower yet nope… I wanted to try and run the car with similar power to before first so that I can see what the changes I’ve made feel like :-

So far I’ve :

Added front section of cage
Removed engine/box
Removed original bulkhead
Designed/made new ali bulkhead
Split gearbox and added an LSD
Fitted new JSR pedal box
Fitted new race spec S2 spec front wishbones and race uprights
New front discs/bells/calipers
Had subframe strengthened and made pretty :wink:
Re-covered the dash and generally tidied a few bits up

Still a bit to do, but mostly just bolting stuff back together which shouldn’t be too bad (provided my wheels turn up !!)

Looking forward to seeing it Dave.

And to think it once looked like this :smiley:

[quote=DaveP]
(provided my wheels turn up !!) [/quote]

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
Still the same B/S from them…

Sounds awesome Dave. What wheels and diff did you go for out of interest?? You know you’ll drive it and think great…could handle a bit more power let’s put the blower on :sunglasses:

As far as brakes I really started to have problems after I went S/C and it was really spoiling trackdays. I think that after you’ve started to have problems, you lose faith in the brakes and that changes the way you use them which actually makes it worse.

Diff wise, I’ve gone for a WaveTrac… very interested to see how the car drives with a diff in as there’s always been a lot of debate on whether it’s a good idea or not.

Wheels wise, I’ve gone for some Team Dynamics in standard S2 Rover sizes (as I’ll be running all S2 geometry/uprights/wishbones), but Dave has been having some issues with the supply, so I might have to change direction on this.

I’m kinda expecting to go charged at some point… I just wanted to make sure everything else on the car was done ready for it :smiley:

New baby in the house has been making it difficult to find the time to get things finished off, but I’ve got to get it out for some action sometime this year!

Looking forward to seeing you out later in the year, also be interested in your thoughts about the diff.

@Exige77 how easy was it to for the hi spec handbrake
What’s need

Holy thread resurrection :joy:

No need for two pots on the rear.

Leave back standard apart from ally bells and better pads.

Big brakes on front, race master cylinder and brake bias valve.

Has worked great for last 10 years.

The car already has the 2pot on the rears been a full track car for years just want to get an MOT a use alittle on road

1 Like

On a previous car I had with 2 pots on the back, I just left original callipers on to use the handbrake. Leave calliper full of Brake fluid and close off the bleeder.

This was long time ago and I’m aware there are aftermarket handbrake solutions but have no idea about these.